D22 ZD30 replace turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to replace my turbo with a GCG higher flowing turbo. Before i do i have a couple of questions for any of you
that have done this.
Can you access all the bolts from above?
Is it easier to leave the cat on and remove all in one piece?
I understand its important to prime the turbo with engine oil before starting, whats the best
way to go about this step?
I already have front mount inter-cooler, 2.75" exhaust, stage 1 tune from BAET, aftermarket airbox/snorkel
on its way.
Plan to move to stage 2 tune so this turbo is part of my prep for that.

cheers

The turbo bolts are known for seizing. soak them in penetration oil for a while. Once you get it moving, work it back and forth and get the oil in there.
By mem i think its easier to take it out cat and all.
For priming the oil, pull the ecu fuse and crank the engine.

i got the new turbo installed ok. Getting old one out was not too bad using various sockets and spanners plus a good amount of penetrant spray. Putting new one was a little tricker. I had to loosen off the bracket holding exhaust gave me enough wiggle room to line up the studs. Also need to glue the gasket on to the bottom of the turbo for the oil as it was just a lot easier to line up. I did not prime by cranking engine, i just filled it with pre-lube(from GCG) from the top of the oil feed before connecting the oil line.Other than that not too difficult.

Latest posts

Back