Scangauge Mount from sunvisor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the whole dealership angle is more to do with if they can't sell it too you are a greatly over inflated price then it's not something they will openly recommend. Given that a dealership tech is really only capable of operating within the dealership guidelines, no matter how experienced they are, going out on a limb and suggesting to a customer that using something like a scangauge is a good idea could land them in more trouble than its worth.

Having said that there is many other options available (mainly overseas) that are similar to scangauges but are a lot more powerful in that they can overwrite the ECU.

For those with the right toys you can download the entire software package that dealerships use and run it on something as powerless as a netbook, connect it to the car and do everything dealership tech can do. The biggest decision on doing this is which software package to get as there is two choices and all of the main manufactures use one or the other but the likelihood of your dealership telling you which one (or possibly knowing which one) they use is extremely unlikely.

Hi Shane,
Im with you. Ive got an 05 3L too.... I want to get one just dont know if it will work.

Has anyone with something pre 08 tried to install one yet??

This is by no means a guarantee but in playing with other software which does similar and more things many of the overseas sites list their software as compatible with all Nissan's since 04. They all word things differently but they suggest that all Nissan since 04 do in fact have the OBDII port which the Scanguage requires.

Scanguage keeps dropping in price too so if you wait long enough the outlay to test it might not be that drastic.

Going off there website it dosent look promising for us with the 3.0l engines... There might be the port to connect it up but maybe all the sensors are not in place to send all the information to the Scangauge. Hopefully i'm wrong cause i would love to get 1 of these.

Any thoughts from the knowledgeable blokes here?

I'm not very knowledgeable (atleast I don't like to show it) but you are right the website doesn't give you guys much hope. However it's not a total loss, as the website also says some of the features should work just not all of them.

Your best bet would probably be to email them and ask then directly about the model they may have done other testing since their website was updated because I'm sure they aren't just testing new cars and I'm sure they would be happy to help get themselves another sale.

The other thing which may give you some hope is that I have seen these things running on pre 05 Toyotas, I don't know what settings they had but going by the website all cars can be different anyway so what works on a Toyota may not work on a Nav. The US forum also seems to have a wide variety of vehicles running these things as well, I haven't bothered checking dates but there is quite a few of them.

Ok so just sent off a quick email to the Scangauge place about if they are compatible for the 3.0L engine, hope to hear back soon...

Will keep you updated

Righto fellas i got an email back today it just confirms what Dave has said its not compatible with the 3.0 L engine only runs on the Common Rail 2.5 engines... Bit of a bummer really i would have liked to get 1 for my nav.

There is many other variations available in the US which are probably suited, the costs of many that I've see are a bit higher than a scangauge but they also do many and varied things. Also if you have to go OS to get such a tool don't limit yourself to just the US, check out the poms too they have quite a selection of tools that do a lot of things. Then again it might be too much time and effort getting stuff from the OS.

Having mounted my scangauge in the tray on the dashboard I've realised that I've created the same situation which stopped me buying an X-Trail when they first came out. I've created a center dashboard.

I'm definitely not knocking this mounting method and wont change mine but I've found that in city traffic especially I'm spending more time looking at the scangauge than at the dashboard readings, one because of the inaccuracies in the factory dash but two because there is more useful and meaningful info on the scanguage.

I would have preferred to mount it in the dash but for me it was slightly too big and hid too much of the digital display. Although in the dash would have also limited my ability to change it as I drive too so even that's not an ideal place and mounting on top of the dash in direct line of sight wasn't really something I was fond of but for those buying these toys down the track my advice is that if you're really going to use these things don't put them too far out of your normal eye line from the driving position.

Latest posts

Back