Scangauge Mount from sunvisor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramtsew

Reaction score
After a lot of thought I have mounted my Scangauge from a bracket that I fabricated to fit it from the mounting point for the drivers sunvisor. The gauge is fitted far enough forward of the sunvisor that it does not limit the use of the sunvisor. Just thought I would upload a pic incase others may be looking for an alternative place to mount their Scangauge.

P1000079_crop.JPG

Last edited:
Good little spot for it. Call me stupid, but what info is displayed or can a Scangauge give you, I take you have a D40 buy the Grab Handle, have a D22 myself but sure it does the same thing? Cheers.

Good little spot for it. Call me stupid, but what info is displayed or can a Scangauge give you, I take you have a D40 buy the Grab Handle, have a D22 myself but sure it does the same thing? Cheers.

The info on the gauge as it is displayed shows
top left....instanataneous litres/100km
top right....water temp
bottom left.....current speed (this can be calibrated to reflect true speed)
bottom right....litres /100km for current trip

In all there are around 24 different gauges that can be displayed as you see fit.

Is there a difference in the speed shown on the scangauge versus the dash speedo?

Is there a difference in the speed shown on the scangauge versus the dash speedo?

It is possible to adjust what speed is displayed on the scangauge by using a GPS you can calibrate it to display the correct speed and not the very inaccurate speed as displayed on the dash speedo.

The aussie site last week dropped the price to $199 + P&H (about $15). There is a mob on ebay selling them for a similar price but I'm not sure if they can service/repair if needed. Otherwise shipped from the USA it's about $190

Correction at present there is only the aussie distributor selling them on ebay but the price is the same as their website.

Matt - VNET Pro;16321 said:
What did that unit set you back roughly? Hard to install?

Check this site out it explains it all.

To get the Scanguge working is as easy as just plugging it in.......The hardest part is finding the OBD port..lol
SEriously it is a piece of p$%s.....just plug it in and setup for your vehicle.

ScanGaugeII - Australian Sales - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool - Ample Outdoors

I am in no way involved with this product other than I reckon it is a good piece of kit.

I am in no way involved with this product other than I reckon it is a good piece of kit.

I agree it's a great toy and is well worth 30 secs effort it takes to put it in. Does all sorts of stuff and is good for those who really want to know whats going on inside their vehicle.

Thanks guy's, didn't have another mod in mind.

Looks like I found the next one.

Dave.

Me too, will be ordering one very soon I think.
Kramtsew you interested at all in fabricating another one of those brackets, and posting to Geelong VIC ? Can direct deposit you some funds or via Paypal if your interested or have the time at all ? Cheers guys.

simonk8, it does state on the Scangauge website that it suits for 08 D22 STR's so Im guessing there would all have it.........Check out the website has a complete vehcile listing.

As Matt says their website does state that D22 is compatible and while not every available function works on every vehicle that has the OBDII port I believe the basic functions work if listed on the site.

Given the similarities between the D40 and the D22 look under the drivers side dash between the steering column and the center console and you should see the connector.

Most newer cars have them somewhere there it's just a matter of what protocol they run but since scangauge claim D22 compatibility then you'd have to assume they are running the same protocol as the D40's and are therefore compatible.

The one thing I haven't been able to confirm yet is whether or not over zealous service drones need to disconnect the gauge during servicing to connect to the computer. Scangauge is capable of being disconnected and it remembers it's past data however because it takes so long to calibrate the fuel usage meters I'm hoping if they do disconnect it at service time I don't have to go back through the recalibration sequence.

However given that this coming service is a free service and is the only reason Nissan are getting it I may consider disconnecting the gauge before I get there just so Nissan can't tell me that such things cause cars to blow up because it's not factory fitted.

Me too, will be ordering one very soon I think.
Kramtsew you interested at all in fabricating another one of those brackets, and posting to Geelong VIC ? Can direct deposit you some funds or via Paypal if your interested or have the time at all ? Cheers guys.

I don't have the time to make up another bracket but I will make a sketch up for you and a few pics so as you can do it yourself.
Will send you an email..

My dealer was a little hesitant when I started talking about the Scanguage. I get the feeling the dealers don't like 'em - especially since they can muck with settings that you're not supposed to be able to touch. You can reset the onboard computer so that things like max RPM, max speed etc are all lost - you can also turn off the "service needed" message with the device too, apparently.

That means that Nissan can't turn back to you under a warranty claim for engine damage and say "Mate, you were spinning the motor at 18,000rpm, what did you expect?" - so I'm going to be very quiet about mine when I do get one, and not permanently mount it either.

hey tony,

how exactly are you able to clear the data on the ecu? i dont see anywhere in the options for that sort of stuff

I think that he may be talking about the ability with the scangauge to clear any error codes that may come up from the ecu on the nav

That is the only thing that it is capable of other than displaying various gauges

how exactly are you able to clear the data on the ecu? i dont see anywhere in the options for that sort of stuff

The service manager mentioned this - probably to dissuade me from buying the tool, it would seem. I've just had a read through the docs and while it's not openly apparent how it can be done, there's provision to input data - someone well versed in its operation may be able to do it.

So I had more of a look around and I have found a number of products that might manage it a lot easier, like a bluetooth OBD-II adapter and software for Windows XP or later, that say you can pretty much do what you want to the computer.

I don't think I'll need to muck with may nav like that. I mean jeez, it doesn't even land in my driveway until Friday!

Latest posts

Back