rust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys i own a d40 2008 st-x white navara

i have found rust on the roof after 2 months of buying it second hand the dealership told me its not covered under warranty ??
i don't want to have a rusty car as i will lose thousands on resale... and i dont want it there becoz it looks bad its on the roof not much about a 10c peace what can i do to stop it i believe that the dealership hid the rust from me im angry at them and don't no what to do anyone with info and what to do will be much appreciated ,cheers

It is a very common problem on d 40s and they know it. my fathers did it with less than 2000kms on the clock. it was fixed under warranty and my mate works at the panel shop that fixed ot and he said they do heaps of them. most go near the.windscreen as said above my fathers went in the gutter/join in the roof cause the sealant wasnt sealed properly.
Id keep hounding them they should fix it rusty cars are unroadworthy. dealers cant sell unroadworthy cars

Small rust above windscreen and in the middle of the roof last thing I want is a rusty car I only just bought it ...

Take it back to the sealer and ask for a goodwill claim. They have to do it. If not call 1800 035 035. Talk to CSC. they will make the dealer take photos and submit it

the guy sold me the car is a asshole was nice to me until i put cash down then dint even put me in there computer systems its been in they have seen the rust and replaced something cant remember what it was ... but yeah he wont do anything to help i called him up after the 2 week of having the car and told him about the rust he fobbed me off and said there's nothing he can do ... 30,000 dollar car with rust = very unhappy stuck costumier
thinking of the ombudsman

Go to the Manager or the dealer principal first. Then you have exhausted all options with the dealer - it will look better for your case with the Ombudsman :)

I just noticed a small amount of rust where the roof sill is, not near the window. Not happy about it either, but im out of warranty so ill just polish it and try put some sort of clear coat on it.

I just noticed a small amount of rust where the roof sill is, not near the window. Not happy about it either, but im out of warranty so ill just polish it and try put some sort of clear coat on it.

let me know if u find away or shorting it out or cheers thanks mate

Mate go spend a few bucks and see a solicitor get him to send them a nasty letter stuff will probly start to happen. also ask them if they mind if you do a story with the media about it theyl love that ;)

On a second hand car out of warranty that's extremely unlikely even for a known problem. It sucks that it's happened but like many already on here who are now discovering that out of warranty there is an issue it's more than likely going to be easier, less cost and less stress to pay a panel beater to get rid of it.

Going by most of the rust spots shown on this forum already it would be luck to cost $500 and 3 days work to get fixed, even less if you could do it at home which is the path I'd follow and that beats the crap out of fighting Nissan on a claim that is not guaranteed to win.

Exactly, won't be ridiculous. But if Tay vehicle had been serviced by Nissan always there's a good chance CSC will approve the repair. Even out of warranty. Unforuntely the dealer has to submit the claim

Hey Guys

Just looking to find out if this seems a bit screwed up. I have had my D22 for 1.5yrs now and have recently found rust on the R/H screen pillar and several other spots on the truck. I took it back to nissan to get repaired. When i got it back they said that they fixed the R?H screen pillar out of courtesy from nissan but the body shop that fixed it said that it had rusted from the inside out from salt and sand and didn't fix anything else deeming it environmental and outside the scope of being fixed under warrenty.

I'm finding this hard to swallow, seeing as unfortuneately due to work commitments have only managed to get the truck onto the beach twice in the time that I have owned it. Both ttime for less than a week and spent at least 30mins under the truck washing it out when i got home. I also have a electronic rust protection system installed on the truck which cost a pretty penny and nissan installed it themselves. I have also had the ERP checked to make sure it is working properly. I find this all hard to believe that a truck thats been on the beach twice is getting rust in it. Particularly when I've done heaps of trips in my mate cruiser with no signs of rust at all.

Just looking to see if anyone has opinion or ideas on what to do about it.

Cheers
nernstie

It only takes one time to make rust.

I'm not suggesting Nissan are right but it's going to be awful difficult to prove them wrong. The fact that it's been near sand and salt is more than enough to allow Nissan to make the statements they do, and this applies even to vehicles that live near a beach but never drive on the sand.

I think if you are going to try and fight it you will need to fight fairly hard. Having rust protection and only going on sand a few times will not be a good enough defense, you will need more evidence but I don't know what that evidence is.

I had my cab above the windscreen fix up now I am now getting the bonnet fix up started to show after 3 years on the cab and 3 months ago on the bonnet the paint peeled off All fixed under warranty I had extened warranty Pete

Latest posts

Back