Replacing standard shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all:victory:....just wondering if by replacing the standard shocks on my Nav st d40 would it make a huge difference to the ride....at the moment the ride in the cab is ok but just wondering if it could be much better and if so how much and what would it cost roughly$$$$......many thanks to those who respond
cheers n beers
Andrew:party:

I recently changed the shocks on my D22 and it made a massive difference. less jarring, better control, and i noticed the bumpstops had been hit a lot due to the lack of dampening and shock control.

i'd guess that the D40 will be similar on upgrading. i paid about $1050 and got leaf springs and greasable pins & shackles too. cheers.

Shocks have different characteristics and can be used effectively to control the suspension and enhance the ride. The first shock is the standard basic oil filled shock. It does a fair job on smooth roads, however when they become overworked due to bumpy terrain the oil heats up, gets thin and they fail until they cool off. The next shock is the nitrogen filled shock. It does not heat up or fail from being over worked. This is the standard shock used on new vehicles. Heavy duty shocks offer more resistance for heavy loads. There are a multitude of special use shocks for enhanced handling for sports enthusiasts. Air shocks for vehicles that have varying loads like towing or heavy items in the trunk. These shocks can be raised or lowered with the use of air to keep the car level with the different loads. The last type are the stock shocks that are automatically stiffened by an on board air pump. They use sensors to sense the road conditions and a computer to adjust them. Most of these are found on high-end cars.

The price depends on the quality and availability of the product :)

Latest posts

Back