Redarc v Enerdrive??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Providing the waterproof claim by the manufacturer is more accurate than their easiest installation claim, maybe there is an advantage?

But only if you plan on dunking it in water and unless you install it on the chassis how much water do you expect it too see.

My guess is the claim about water proof is more to do with it being suitable for marine and that claim would be better used if they said the terminals and circuits were sealed to help stop corrosion.

Taken from the Redarc website

The SBI has been widely used in 4WD applications for many years and I do not believe we have had any returns suffering from water ingress. These units, whilst not recommended for running continuously submerged, are certainly more waterproof than your alternator and will not be harmed by being “submerged momentarily in very deep water crossings”.

Redarc don't need to claim waterproof-ness they claim their items just work as expected...I'm no fan of Redarc but good sales words are hard to come by when you're trying to establish a brand name I suppose and using "waterproof" might convince some people they are a must have brand.

Latest posts

Back