Red hot summer tour

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think it down here tonight, did consider going but decided paying $80+ for a ticket in a park wasn't worth it. Seen Barnsey and Mossy many times and paid less and not interested in the others.

Never was a chocolate starfish fan so even with free tickets I probably wouldn't have gone purely because they were on the bill.

I,m not a huge music fan in general , Bit i dont mind chocolate starfish. The singer put on more of a show than the others, He left the stage and done a run through the crowd with the boys in tow, Then he jumped up on a bluestone wall and walked out the 7 or 8 meters to the end and kept singing and talking to the crowd. He was 2 or 3 meters up of the ground out the end of the wall, Would of been an insurance nightmare had anything happened

Doc Neeson did one of the best monkey acts in Australian music at Narara in 83, he spent ages scaling the scaffolding and did it in bare feet.

I wasn't at Narara (just wish I was) I didn't start working with the Angles until 1992 but the Liveline gigs were probably some of the best Aussie gigs ever.

Does Jimmy own the Red Hot summer tour

If Darling jimmy doesn't play the red hot summer tour
nobody does. I think it STINKS. Part of the reason
Warrnambool concert tickets sold so poorly was people
waiting for the other shoe to DROP. It canned so Darling jimmy
could support Bruce Springsteen. Who could could be
sure he wouldn't pull out again? SURE ENOUGH!!!!
"Barnesy pulls the pin". I'd rather see Dragon any day.
Why didn't Kick him off and change the Headline act. NO
Barnesy's TOO PRECIOUS!!!! HA!!!

When it comes to precious rockstars Jimmy's got nothing on those wannabe losers from Geelong that call themselves The Living End.

Iggy Pop has a reputation for writing ridiculous riders with his shows but atleast the guy has a sense of humour about it. TLE have no sense of humour and think 1 top 40 song (at the time) meant they could rival Iggy and throw up at $25K rider for a 30min non for profit youth organised event. We let those useless pricks play free on our stage multiple times before they hit the charts, one gig to help raise some money for the local kids and they want $6K payment and a $25K rider.

They got told to FO nice and quickly and Something For Kate stepped up and were happy to play for nothing especially after given that we'd put on their first ever gig and they continued to support the fund raising we did.

Having worked and played with Jimmy and his band a few times back in the 90's I'd much rather 10 precious Jimmy's to 1 piss poor excuse for a band from Geelong.

Dragon really haven't been the same since Marc died, it's good that they kept going but in 80's with the likes of Tommy Emmanual and David Hirschfelder in the band they really did excel. But thankfully a good song is always a good song no matter who plays it and Dragon have had some great ones over the years. But it's good to see you joined a 4wd forum to bitch about a small town concert. Welcome to the forums, buy a Navara and join the rest of us :ha:

Latest posts

Back