Rear 4 Link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of an update

Painting was done over the weekend, used a lot more than the 1L I had anticipated.

I had to pull the last bit of the EGR out to get the top radiator hose bracket off that bolts to the block. I took the opportunity to finally get rig of the sucker

Last edited:
I got all of the sensors installed during the week. Few pics of their location

AFR bung TIG'ed in 15" downstream of the dump as per the manufactures instructions

Water temp in the top radiator hose bracket that bolts to the block

Oil pressure and oil temp

Transmission temp. I washed the casing out with diesel after tapping and drilling to ensure no shavings were left in there

Last edited:
This week I'm aiming to have the rear axle fully assembled and installed with the links, sort the brake lines out, install the shocks, bypasses, bump stops. Fuel tank, lines and cooler plumber up. W2A radiator plumbed up and possibly wired up. Put the spare tire carrier and sides back on so I can weight the car and order the coilovers by the weekend

This week I'm aiming to have the rear axle fully assembled and installed with the links, sort the brake lines out, install the shocks, bypasses, bump stops. Fuel tank, lines and cooler plumber up. W2A radiator plumbed up and possibly wired up. Put the spare tire carrier and sides back on so I can weight the car and order the coilovers by the weekend

I reckon a stainless beer keg would make a flash fuel tank!

Autometer cobalts and an innovate motorsports AFR gauge and I have 6 Auberins for EGT x 3, W2A pre and post cooler and 1 in the W2A radiator

I really want to buy a racepack dash but for the 2k cost plus sensors its a bit of an overkill for an entry level racer

I have been pretty quiet on here for the last few weeks but really I have been spending all of my time putting the truck back together. Atm the car has been 90% assembled, most of the plumbing is done and I am awaiting a shipment from the US which has my new coils so I can install them.

Once the car is in a driveable state I will post some more pics

Cheers

Dyl

Well the car is back together and almost ready to go in for a tuning session at GTurbo. Some of the issues I had were:

Twin piston calipers not bolting up the the MQ knuckles, currently at a brake shop getting the knuckle machined
My rear 3.0 coilovers are too big for the 2.5 bypasses so I will sell them and buy some 2.5's when I can get some second hand. We couldn't get the right springs for them either....
Had to dump the exhaust out the side of the car for now. Will plumb up a rear exit exhaust when I get some time
W2A system had a few leaks but they are sorted
Had a massive oil leak du to the stock oil cooler bolt being a little loose

I only have a small list left to complete:

Put proper body panel mount on
Source 2.5" x 14" coilovers
Put all the springs in and gas all shocks and bumpstops
Finish reassembling front axle once brakes are done

Bit of an update: we ended up getting 2.7mm machined off the bolting face of each rotor and they bolted up fine. Both callipers received a rebuild as they were in average condition. Front hubs coped a seal kit and I shaved the knuckles gussets so they don't destroy the wiper seals again

I finally got the car back together and off to GTurbo for a tune on Friday. Should get it back later in the week, our aim was to play with the 2 turbos to get the best boost response. 19:1 AFR's and a max of 250rwhp on 33's. I was blowing the hose off the intake manifold when I was driving around the block during testing........ Will have to find an alternative to that...

I found some 2.5 x 14" kings but didn't have time to gas the shocks so Ill do that this week

Yeah I was so rushed for time on Friday I only had time to take it for a lap of the block, check it for leaks/loose bolts and then off to the dyno shop

So we had a few problems with tuning........Only made 166Hp and 383Nm so I was very disappointed with the results. It was GTurbo's first time tuning a compound setup so it is still early days. I have ordered a 3Bar MAP sensor so our next plan of attack is to fit that and try to tune it off a MAP sensor instead of the MAF sensor which is possible using the DTE module.

We only tuned to 18:1 AFR's and 35psi, we can go richer but the EGT gauge wasn't working remembering this is a safe tune for off road racing. The engine needs to sustain prolonger periods under max load so running a rich tune is not an option. I will update more on the tuning side of things later

Few pics of the car, arse end is sitting high so I will wind the coilovers down this week

I've dropped a fair bit of coin on the car in the last few weeks so I will be saving in the coming months to get the cage done buy some seats and all of the required safety gear before racing either at Bencubbin or Mogumber later in the year

Last edited:
I had a unichip Q4 but we went the DTE module cos thats what my tuner normally tunes off. I sold it to a mate for what I paid for it so no real skin off my back. Both are excellent modules

Im still running my older dte chip too and a chipit.i do like it and i like how the dte works well with the factory fuel trimming..its a nice side effect.rig looks excellent tho mate!

Been pretty quiet on the build lately but we did strip the interior out ready for the cage and did the wiring for the battery isolator yesterday

I bought a 3Bar MAP sensor to help with fuel delivery under high boost, the MAF sensor is off the charts under these conditions

The 0 - 60psi boost gauge arrived too. We will be using this to measure the drive pressure (hot side) of the turbo to determine the efficiency. I needed to buy some 1/8" copper tubing so we don't melt the Nylon stuff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back