Rear 4 Link

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got stuck into the rollcage this weekend. The main hoop, A pillar bars, roof par and carlos bars are done. I will cut some holes in the floor to drop the cage down to weld all the roof bars in this week.

That's where the carlos bar attaches to the window bar.

Cut some holes in the floor to drop the cage down. Will plate them back up when I'm done

Going to weld all the roof bars in tomorrow. I wont be doing the welding. Got my mate Wezza who is a boily to do it for me

Ahh I'm making up a beverage cup holder. It will hold 4 - 6 drink bottles so they don't come out at speed

Few more pics of the cage construction.

Excuse the poor welding in this photo. It was really hard to weld anything to the floor when it is about 1.2mm thick.

Tomorrow I will attach the cage to the floor plates and then look at doing the dash bar and front laterals

Few more progress pics. All floor plates are burnt in and the cage legs are tacked in place. Had to make a spreader using the hi lift to push the front legs out as they had been pulled in when we welded the roof together.

More progress, main hoop X is done and I started the floor bars. Few pics of some of my welds. I am by no means an expert welder but at a level where I feel confident that I can build a roll cage. On average I weld once a week. I wish I had more time to develop my skills, especially with the TIG.

You should really cover up all the glass with a thick dropsheet of some sort.
Welding sparks can ruin glass in no time.
Just saying.
Nice work, I look forward to all the updates.

Back strays - is that rear ash-trays? You gotta make sure all the passengers are comfy when your pingin' that thing over jumps an shit! Dont forget the cup holders!

Made some more progress on the seat rails this week

And a pic of all the gauges as I don't think I have posted one yet. Going to add in a volts gauge and 2 boost gauges to the final dash when it gets cut

Last edited:
Been a few weeks since and update so here goes. Got the fibreglass panels back from getting moulded

Welded both seat rails in then started plating up the holes. A shit job trying to weld 3mm to the 1.2mm floor

I made up some new seat bracts during the week out of 40 x 5mm flat bar and got the drives side done yesterday

I had to make a new bracket for the steering wheel as the original position was too close to the roll cage. I made the steering wheel sit too high and now I carnt see....... So I will have to cut them out during the week and make longer ones...

Both of the seat brackets are now done and I have been plating up the holes in the tranny tunnel during the week. Also put the A pillar bracing in.

I changed the wire in the MIG from 0.9 to 0.8 and I must say it is a lot easier to weld the 3mm plate to the floor pan

The To do list this weekend: Finish off plating up tranny tunnel holes on drivers side, put harness bars in and put door bars in and start cleaning up all the welds, prime and paint

Finished the cage on the weekend. I have primed all of the joints and done all the prep work, just need to give it a few coats of rattle can black. I still need to fix the steering though but thats a quick job. Im hoping to take it for log booking this weekend

Back