Rattle under light throttle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d22-outlaw

Reaction score
Has any one else ever experienced a rattle in their d40 when maintaining speed, which immanently disappears once you go open the throttle more than about 5%, It's also there when on full or near full throttle from about 800-1200 rpm and when above 4000rpm

The suction control valve has been changed recently and it's driving perfectly.

It has 211k on it now and is an 07 navara

I had that exact problem with mine.

It was the glue on the side of the airbox that had let go, allowing the side of the box to flap. Under higher load, suction would hold it shut. The glue is crap, and although Nissan originally agreed to replace the airbox under warranty, the idiot service guy at the local dealer f*cked up when he discovered that the mount on the NEW box had been broken, and then rejected the warranty claim based on the damage I'd supposedly done - yet my air box (which they kindly put back in my car) had a fully intact lower mount.

My advice to you: get some black Sikaflex and fix it yourself.

Both my exhaust and airbox have been removed before when I de-baffled, and de-catted it. there is only one heat shield left on the exhaust at the minute though, However I'll have a look at it, I've de-baffled the airbox and fitted a K&N filter.

Any chance it would be a slack timing chain with such high k's?

could be the 'clutch line rattle' if its a manual, search out the details on that it has been talked about on the forum before

I get the clutch line rattle in 5th and 6th gear when on full throttle for 3 or more seconds, it's not that, this rattle is there in every gear and very light throttle. I've done the ecu reset often and it makes no difference. I'll throw in some injector cleaner though just incase.

Is it my timing chain rattling when it's slack under light engine load?

I know it's had for anyone to say with out hearing it, but does the symptoms sound common?

I remember reading somewhere ages ago about people having problems with some of the pipes running along the firewall in the engine bay rattling or it could be like my old 07 D40 and have movement in the pivot point of the bonnet hinge which caused it to rattle at some RPM or speeds.

Mine has a rattle at all sorts but thats the gearbox chatter I believe.
Does it make the noise when you rev it out of gear in neutral?

Mine does the same thing - took back and showed it nissan like 8 times - they could work it out. If anyone could help - mine is at about 1800 rpm when light accelerator, andy more and it goes away.....

Got to love Nissan ! Part of the cars 'personality'

Has any one else ever experienced a rattle in their d40 when maintaining speed, which immanently disappears once you go open the throttle more than about 5%, It's also there when on full or near full throttle from about 800-1200 rpm and when above 4000rpm

The suction control valve has been changed recently and it's driving perfectly.

It has 211k on it now and is an 07 navara
Hi. do you remember how you solved the problem I have the same. I already have new injectors, but still have the same problem.

https://youtube.com/shorts/VniiywcuRTw?feature=share

I have the same problem under light throttle and cold engine. If I push the pedal noise goes away.After 10-15 minutes driving rattle noise is reduced...

Latest posts

Back