Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they were most surprised at the VW still going under 9's with 750kg on it. Realistically my ute doesn't change economy that much with a load in the back, coming across the Nullarbor this time I was able to get into the 8's under good conditions and I must be close to the 810kg I'm legally allowed.

But everything is relative, they did suggest the 79 did it easier and with it's bigger engine if it didn't you'd really have to ask what Yota is doing but the other thing that is worth remembering too is that the Yota is a single cab and therefore starts off lighter, sure it gives more payload but they were at a set weight to try and even things up so on the road the 79 was still lighter than the other two utes.

I still reckon the Landcruiser ute would be heavier then the D40 and VW.

I still cant believe Toyota didn't upgrade the gearbox. They still run the same gearbox as the 1HDFTE's did.

Toyota should start using the same diffs as the HJ75's aswell. Basically the same as the 60 Series diffs.

The HZJ75 went to 80 Series size diffs.
Ill never understand that. More powerful engine, smaller diffs.

I could get the mag and read it to you :p

Because Toyota drivers had to have something to complain about everything else was perfect :big_smile:

Specs as tested

VW Amarok Highline
2.0L 4 Cylinder DOHC intercooled twin Turbo Diesel
6 Speed
120kW @ 4000 RPM
400Nm @ 1500-2500 RPM
Tare : 2069 KG
Payload Cap : 971 KG
GMV : 3040 KG

STX 550
3.0l Intercooled Turbo Diesel V6
7 Speed Auto
170kW @ 3750 RPM
550Nm @1750 RPM
Tare : 1920
Payload Cap : 909 KG
GVM : 2860

79 Series
VDJ-79R
4.5l Intercooled Turbo diesel V8
5 Speed Manual
151kW @ 3400 RPM
430Nm @ 1200 RPM
Tare Weight : 2020 KG
Payload Cap : 1250KG
GVM : 3300KG

I dunno a couple of weeks, I think I have to be home to start fencing on the 15th although it depends when the 42 rolls of barbed wire arrive.

All well and good fellas but I just saw a young las with cut off denim shorts, they were so short they didn't have a crutch in them anymore!

The thing that crippled the Landcruiser was the gearing, at 110km/h it was 3000odd rpm, I was at 1700rpm.
I bottomed out the tow bar on a pothole about the size of a packet of ciggies but didn't let on.
The VW looks good though, the tub is very big, and wide between the wheel arches, think I heard you can get a pallet between them.
With a shitload of diesel engines to pick from I don't really see the logic in the little 2litre, but the figures speak for themselves I suppose.
I heard that Toyota are putting the V8 diesel in the Hilux, with a good auto gearbox I recon it would be an absolute beast, probably still look like a shitbox from the 80's inside though (like every toyota)

I re-read the article and didn't see any sort of advertising for anything other than the sand mob. It mentioned the other guy was a plumber but it only lists your name.

I heard that Toyota are putting the V8 diesel in the Hilux, with a good auto gearbox I recon it would be an absolute beast, probably still look like a shitbox from the 80's inside though (like every toyota)

It might look like that, but the mullet-haired people from TOYota's Monthlies (I'm sure I have every aspect of that name right) would still be sitting there pullin' their puds over it.

Probably not their fault anyway. TOYota probably finance a great deal of their mag, so they have to say favourable things about that brand and say as little positive as possible about other brands.

It'd be a prick of a job, and not one I'd do - I couldn't sell my ass like that.

While Yota monthly is heavily influenced by Yota from what I've read and I don't read it very often it's really only Nav's that are ignored. Most other brands and makes get fairly well represented from Pajero's to Rangers etc even Patrols get in there on a semi regular basis it's just Nav's that don't.

Maybe the editors wife left him for a Nav driver.

The Nav at best would be a competitor for one Yota, and they outsell Nissan about 50% some months so I really doubt they'd be to threatened.

Whatever their bias is I'd expect to see more Yota ads in the mag if they were paying, the articles with ARB equipped cars and heavily biased but they are backed up with ads in the pages, I don't think I've ever seen a Yota ad in the mag. I think it's an personal dislike more than a monetary dislike.

Here's another thought, Nav drivers just don't like to share or beg for recognition of other drivers, we've got the car of choice and we know it, no point rubbing it in peoples face.

Latest posts

Back