Radio randomly changing channels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielHowden

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please suggest why the radio in my 2011 D40 changes channels on its own?

It mostly happens when driving but also when stationary.

I have already changed the clock spring under the steering wheel but this didn't help.

Thanks, Daniel

Attachments

• PXL_20230422_135555149.mp4
    41.2 MB
Apart from this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist
There's a chance that there's damage to the wiring loom (perhaps in the cables behind the dash). When you say "stationary" I assume you mean "vehicle stopped but engine still running" ? The vibration of the engine may be enough to trigger this if the cables are moving slightly. It's also possible that the keys on the stereo itself have some debris in them or are just sticky and are only just out of contact until a particular engine vibration makes the contacts come together.

A lot of what ifs there, but there's little else to try unless you have ready access to a priest with a bunch of holy water.

Does the video show enough for you to I'd the model? It's definitely changing channels on the presets. I'll have another look over the weekend

Sorry Daniel. Had to view the video on a different device.
Just a gut feeling but I reckon it is possibly a dust issue. I have a touch screen in another vehicle that changes volume on me and I have to keep cleaning it out with contact cleaner.

Ah ok, this screen is not a touchscreen, it mostly uses a round dial just below it. I'll take another video at the weekend and hopefully explain it better

Hi, sorry for not updating last weekend. Just got tied up with other stuff. Please see the video I have attached here. I hope this will explain the problem I have and I hope someone will have an answer.

Thanks, Daniel.

Tried for ages to get the video to attach and it just says its too large even though its small than the limit for the forum.

Here's a link to the video from my Google Photos account

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5rjcXqjap5erYAfMA

Thanks for the video, that is a very odd situation! It would almost seem like something is wrong with that centre dial ... what you didn't do was show us if the centre dial did anything while the stereo was on the "Status" screen. Does it change the channel if you deliberately turn the dial, or press the buttons within, while on the status screen? If NOT, then the culprit looks to be that dial.

If it DOES change the channels on the status screen, then I'm at a loss.

What does it do if you have a USB stick full of music in there?

I had to compress the file to get it small enough to upload. Sorry the quality is poor but I think you can see that the centre dial had no effect when I am on the status screen. So maybe this part if the faulty item.

Attachments

• Untitled (2).mp4
    4.1 MB

Latest posts

Back