New head unit + steering wheel controls

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nm111

Reaction score
Hi I hope I’m posting this in the right place.

I recently got a d40 2010 Thai build. I have upgraded the head unit to a pioneer (photo attached). Head unit works fine it’s just the steering wheel controls that are the issue. My steering wheels buttons were broken as well as the clock spring. I have a new steering wheel and everything is completely functional. However the steering wheel buttons aren’t doing anything to the radio.

I have tried a bunch of different configurations on the dip switch. Finally I got one that worked for all controls (vol up, down, next song etc) apart from the mode button. Because of that I tried a new combination on the dip switch. Didn’t work, so I went back to the one that did work originally and for some reason it didn’t work. I have tried each combination multiple times and they are always different. No pattern whatsoever.

When I try the combinations on the dip switch they either don’t do anything or control the wrong thing eg. I click the answer call button and it’ll turn the volume up.

Any suggestions or even better a step by step guide if anyone has done this

Latest posts

Back