R180 & R200 question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
So iv been trying to find an answer but can't So here it is. Will I blow up my weak R180 diff with a LOKKA in it or should I try and find a R200 diff and put a LOKKA in it (if u can that is). What exactly brakes in the R180 diffs as well?

Depends on how you drive it! I recently had the same decision to make and in the end kept the 180. The Lokka works fine. I have discovered I only need less than half the required throttle I previously needed on a local track. Less chance of breaking something me thinks!

Cheers Brad

One pf the main reasons in the past to changing to r200 front diff was the change in dif gears and availability for and air locker, which has only been made available for the r180 diff in the last year or so.

What exactly brakes in the R180 diffs? Also iv got 35s so do u think the CVs should just brake befor the diff? Or is this all going to depend on how I drive it.

i only broke cvs on 35's. but i upgraded to the r200 so i could get the locker before long.

ah right see not worth it if im just going auto lokka just have to take it abit easier on the tracks i guess. cheers for the help

If your just crawling you'll probably stretch the chain first. If you like a bit of right foot then prob the centre will go first.

Ah that's awesome news haha love when ur going to brake one thing or another

Latest posts

Back