Project D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks mate for the help! i was mostly concened about the steering. just modified a bullbar to fit it so the body lift might wait a few months till i can make my winch bar up. (not going to stuff around again with the old bar) and just got new 31's so the bigger rubber is a little down the track. will definately do it though! Thanks again Thomo!!! cheers matt.

Ive been a bit busy of late but I have finaly had the chance to do something on the nav. After the alternator sh@t itself the other week, I have decided to install an early warning system.

100_1499.jpg

Picked these gauges up at the local Autopro for just under $50. Consists of oil pressure, water temp and alternater current gauges. I will eventually put another two on the other side with a voltage gauge for each battery.

That should help to keep me on my toes:big_smile:

Finally recieved my greaseable shackles and pins last week, it only took 3 weeks, apparently they didnt have the pins in stock. They look the ducks guts though, all nice and shiney.
So on friday I'm going to have a me day and attempt for the 3rd time to get this new suspension kit on.
I'll be sure to post as many pics as I can.

Today I finally had the chance to install the 2" suspension lift I puchased from 4wd systems (seems third times the charm). It only took me about six hours and that included cutting out the pins. Im so pleased with how its turned out and I took her for a quick spin and the ride is 100% better.

100_1522.jpg

100_1520.jpg

New Vs Old, she definately need new springs!

100_1521.jpg

New gas rear shocks seem to be better build quality, and a little longer

100_1525.jpg

I went for the foam cells for the front, so as to cope with the extra weight when I get around to buiding the front bar and install a winch.

100_1524.jpg

New greaseable shackles and pins, also from 4wd systems.

2009_0620june090019.jpg

Before

100_1528.jpg

After.

Hopefully you can see the difference as I do. As you can see, I havn't raised the front too much, she had allready been adjusted about 2/3rds previously.

Looks awsome ,are you replacing the tb also? How is the rear springs are they hard or soft?

Yeah Im going to have a go at buildin myself a detachable hitch tow bar, because I havn't seen one as yet that have the departure angles I want. As for the springs, compared to the old ones with the load+ helper spring, the ride feels like Im running on coils, I'm very impressed.

I feel your pain with the towbar. Even though mine is detachable, the angles are still despicable. The old man had an 85 F250 4x2, the tow socket on that was way up high but the removable hitch was a big drop hitch, it was the perfect solution to the departure angle problem vs. hitch height problem. I'll build something similar for mine when the time comes.

yeah, Ive decided to have an adjustable hitch and the main bar have straight from chassis rail to chassis rail. Im going to chop 200mm off the tray when I make the canopy and because the spare wont fit underneath anymore, I will mount that to the back of the canopy a few inches from the base of the tray to keep the angle.

If you havn't already guessed, Ive been stuck on that towbar quite a few times already. If I didn't need it for work and the camper, it would have gone the same way that sorry excuse of a bullbar did. Out to the dump!!!

Just an update, Ive been having a spot of bother with how the old girls running, progress has slowed. the good news is that she is now running better than she has ever before, the bad news is that it cost me just shy of a grand to find out it was just a $25 part (long story, still a bit sore on the subject).

At the moment I am prepping her for a respray, hopefully I can get some more pics up soon.

Whoa, that long story don't sound good! Hope you've got it all sorted now:top:
Don't know if I've missed it anywhere, but, are you respraying it the same colour???

Cheers..................Dave.

I'm going to respray her just silver and break it up with some dx d22 black flares (have to see if they fit first). As for if shes sorted, put it this way, I just finnished a job 150k away so the tray was fully loaded with all my work tools and my camper was attached. She didnt miss a beat going 110kh non stop and kept forgeting the camper was there.

Just an update.
So far I have put two coates on the old girl and run out of paint. After giving her a light sand down with 1200 grit and a good pollish, looks a bit rough so I reckon she'll need a couple more coats.
I have also given her some nice new clear headlights wich I got on Ebay and oh my gosh isnt she looking pretty.
Hopefully I'll get her finnished soon and I'll get some pics up straight away

Mate thats looking sh!t h0t... AWsome stuff, Now youll have to go and get it MUDDY!!!... Ha Ha

Thanks olgus, if it werent for that fat man in the red suit comming tonight she'd be a nice hint of brown right now, we had a few drops of rain today, just enough to make it interesting :big_smile:

Sorry its been so long since my last update, but I have been a little busy with starting a new job. There has been little progress with the ute, but I have been luckily enough to score a 8000lb winch for only $125. So now I have no excuse not to get in the shed and start with the bodylift and winchbar. I still havent finnished the paint and I really getting sick of seeing it half done, so thats on the cards to be done within the next fortnight.
Lately I have been seriuosly looking into the v6 conversion and I the think it will be on the go soon but so far Im still in the planing stages and the 33inch muddies will be soon to follow, so watch this spot.
Another thing I have accomplished recently is a full wiring and relay upgrade to all my lights, very handy on my 350k night drive to work and back every fortnight.
I hope to get more regular updates up here so stay posted.
Cheers, Scotty.

Latest posts

Back