Power Steering Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its_dunks

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Something odd has happened a couple of days ago, it feels like suddley I don't have power steering. Really have to turn the wheel with strength to do simple turns...any ideas? Checked power steering fluid and plenty there.

^ On the YD25 it's on its own. The belt to the right-hand-side of the vehicle (Australian driver's side) will be crankshaft -> idler pulley -> power steering pump which sits low down and should be more easily accessible from underneath.

On the V9X the power steering pump is in a similar location but there's only one belt that just goes forever with about 50 idler pulleys plus an auto-tensioner that sits behind the middle of the whole mess.

I'm taking it to the mechanic this morning, don't have time to fix myself this week and don't really want to drive it like it is to much. I'm having to do 3 point turns in spots where a u turn was easily possible before.

i had the same problem and it was my belt that snapped, was a bit scary since it happened as i was driving, in the middle of a U turn....

Latest posts

Back