Power drop (limp mode) after small bump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was heading to the Doc yesterday, pulled off the road to let a few cars past and came off the bitumen onto the verge, there must of been about a 2" drop onto the dirt (small bump) and after that the ute went into "limp mode", it is a 2 week old D40 that has only done 1600kms. i called Nissan Northam (where i got it) and they say that there is a sensor that is stuffed and needed to be replaced......... has anyone else had this problem or have i just got a 40k$ lemon??

Youll be right mate its the (EGT) Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor, Nissan had to get another one made in Japan they call this Series(B) sensor i went through it all had to wait 3 weeks car sat in Dealership while it was being made in Japan this was early last year. there should be heaps available now thought . Shut car down and restart, that will reset it for a while- they will replace under warranty. Mines done 20,000km since no prob

Cheers

Thanks for that, i took it to the dealer Yesterday and they couldnt say sorry enough times, im glad to hear that it is not an isolated problem, but also easily fixed.

Back