Possible a/c pump problem?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
Gday all

I noticed yesterday that my aircon pump pully dosnt seem to be spinning properly??? aircon works fine. I just noticed yesterday a sqeaking noise like as if the fan belt was skipping so i had a look. The pully seems to spin then stop and skip a few times then start again after 15 seconds or so. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Ill check it again today. I just dont want to have to take it in to Nissan in the city just to be told its normal or somthing.

Cheers
Jack

I missed this thread yesterday. Yep, Dave, that sounds like it could easily be the clutch. Either the clutch itself is shot, or the electrical components that activate it (including the connectors) are faulty.

Does it click when it stops and then just skip a little bit then stop then kick in again?
If so just normal cycling.
The belt may need an adjustment if there is belt noise.

A shot bearing would be obvious noise

thanks for the replies guys. sounds and looks like what you said 4.8gu when im back from work again might have to get nissan to look at it i suppose. its still under warrenty so there no excuse really.

Latest posts

Back