Patrol manifold and turbo on a zd30 nav?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav05ST-R

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Has anyone tried taking the manifold and turbo off the crd 3.0 patrol and bolting it on the zd30 just curious if it would work and provide a little more power?

Pretty sure the crd has a different bolt pattern than the Navara and di patrol. On the di patrol the turbo is mounted between cylinders 2 and 3 and on the Navara it's between 3 and 4 so less room for the dump pipe.

Thanks for the reply rumpig. Would there be much to any difference if you were to use the zd30 patrol manifold and turbo?

The problem you will have is, the di patrol uses a vnt type turbo, whereas the navara uses a standard wastegated turbo so boost control will be an issue. It can be done, but you will need to research how to set it up correctly.

DI Patrol manifold might work but as the turbo is further forward you would have to move the air filter housing and plumbing, you'd need new oil feed lines for the turbo, plumbing from the turbo to the intake and a completely new dump pipe for the exhaust. Could be clearance issues with other parts too so it won't be a straight forward swap.

Hey guye thanks again for the replys. It sounds like a bit of work for little gain might look at other avenues likr forefront as my wastegate has become stuck and it hit 22psi so i have been babying it everywhere. Rumpig are you still doing the ecu cause my aftermarket one died also��.
Thanks Luke

Come on guys someone would have to know why his nav would be overboosting?
Only thing i can think of is a jammed wastegate.

Hey guye thanks again for the replys. It sounds like a bit of work for little gain might look at other avenues likr forefront as my wastegate has become stuck and it hit 22psi so i have been babying it everywhere. Rumpig are you still doing the ecu cause my aftermarket one died also��.
Thanks Luke

I don't supply socketed ecu's , just the sockets themselves and remapped chips. If your wastegate isn't opening check the small hose for leaks. Could also just be the wastegate actuator is knackered not the turbo.

Cheers guys. Yeah my friend and I think it might be the wastegate stuck. But was just weighting up the options atm.

Rumpig what else would I have to get after buying the parts off you.
Thanks again Luke

Depends if the VNT is mechanically controlled or electronically controlled. I know the Unichip can control boost on electronically controlled turbos as for mechanical you will have to do some research

Back