patrol airbox and snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellhound

Reaction score
hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has put a gu patrol airbox in a d22 zd30 before n does the snorkel line up. i just wont to know because i recently ordered a snorkel from nissian n i need a new airbox because i chopped mine up to fit a pod fillter n i heard that all the guys with 4.2td patrols use the zd30 style because they flow better?:cheers!:

The GU ZD30 airbox lid flows the best.

Mub4b is running a 80 series airbox.

Haven't done either mod myself.

Dave.

The GU ZD30 airbox lid flows the best.

Mub4b is running a 80 series airbox.

Haven't done either mod myself.

Dave.

well i did the swap the box just fits in i had to do i little bit of panel betting to get some room for the lid. but it is all hooked up to the snorkel know n sounds half decent. still n ot as good as the pod fillter will hav some photos of it soon.
:rock:

Cool, do you keep a record of your fuel economy ?

Hows the throttle response ?

Dave.

Cool, do you keep a record of your fuel economy ?

Hows the throttle response ?

Dave.

I hav to test that yet it is good so far i hav used about half a tank of fuel n that is town only but that was for two weeks ish. The response is about the same but not as good as when i had the pod there is still stuff all lag compared to when it was stock. It is worth having a look at it does take a little bit of stuffing around and time. It took me about a day n a bit to fiting it but i think the result is what i was looking for it still has good turbo whistle:devil:
I also got rid off the stock right angle pipe because it did not fit wear i wanted it to n also fixed the catch can.:rock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Half a tank in 2 weeks, I go through my longrange tank every week. Lol.

I do alot of km's though.

Look forward to the pics.

Dave.

here is soom pics they arnt the best

Attachments

• PIC_0151.JPG
    PIC_0151.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 853
  • PIC_0153.JPG
    PIC_0153.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 507
  • PIC_0155.JPG
    PIC_0155.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 452
  • PIC_0156.JPG
    PIC_0156.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 2,515
  • PIC_0157.JPG
    PIC_0157.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,134
Cheers, I wanna put another battery there.

I might look into seeing if I can put it at the back.

Dave.

Cheers, I wanna put another battery there.

I might look into seeing if I can put it at the back.

Dave.

yeah ther is heaps of room for another battery u could put two more there if u got two smal optimax ones n make a custom battery tray it would look sweet.:devil:

the 80s landcruser fits real easy and no modification lines up and bolts in easy and are cheaper to but the air filter the whole setup cost around $80

Latest posts

Back