Putting an intech sohc into my d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey fellas, i have recently had my zd30 give up on me, and since That was engine number three I am Now sick of using zd30s and the horrid mechanic that put those engines into it. I have found a few e series falcons for cheap and I have a few intechs laying around, and since I have done work with them before, I reckon I can get an intech from one rammed into my navara and use it as a daily. Since I have never swapped a different engine into a different car before, and I am definitely still a noob with navaras, I am asking for some help with this for now.
are the 5 speed manuals from 2004 navaras also the one used in the gu-gq patrols? I am asking because I can’t find any conversion bellhousings that will fit navaras but can only find patrols, there are only conversions for barra to gq/u patrol 5 speed manual, (Barras and intechs share the same bell housing bolt position so it won’t make a difference for me.) but nothing available for navaras. just want to know if they share the same transmission. Thanks

I think it will be an alright option. But still a bit of time and cost. Have you measured at least the length to see if it will fit?

I think it will be an alright option. But still a bit of time and cost. Have you measured at least the length to see if it will fit?
Yes I have measured up, it will be tight but it will fit into it. I was thinking of a barra but that sticks out way too far, so I am going for an intech

Hey fellas, i have recently had my zd30 give up on me, and since That was engine number three I am Now sick of using zd30s and the horrid mechanic that put those engines into it. I have found a few e series falcons for cheap and I have a few intechs laying around, and since I have done work with them before, I reckon I can get an intech from one rammed into my navara and use it as a daily. Since I have never swapped a different engine into a different car before, and I am definitely still a noob with navaras, I am asking for some help with this for now.
are the 5 speed manuals from 2004 navaras also the one used in the gu-gq patrols? I am asking because I can’t find any conversion bellhousings that will fit navaras but can only find patrols, there are only conversions for barra to gq/u patrol 5 speed manual, (Barras and intechs share the same bell housing bolt position so it won’t make a difference for me.) but nothing available for navaras. just want to know if they share the same transmission. Thanks
From memory, the only patrol box that was the same, was fitted to the RD28. So likely you'll have to swap box aswell to the larger FS5R50? found on Other patrol motors

Latest posts

Back