Outside Temp Display

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow
I can't wait either
yippie yi yo yippie yi yay
Is the readout working like a factory unit ?
yippie yi yo yippie yi yay

Yes it is working like the factory unit and within 1 degree of my calibrated thermometer.
Now for the pricing , i am considering the price to be a donation to keep this forum running of about $10 each
Will just have to find out how to go about that.

I know this has been asked before but if I get a loom from an stx can I get the display to work on a thai?

I hate that empty space under the clock...

cheers.

If the instrument cluster is fitted with the stuffings for the temp this should show it

OPERATION PROCEDURE
To initiate combination meter self-diagnosis mode, refer to the following procedure.
1. Turn ignition switch ON while pressing clock switch (1).
2. Press and hold clock switch until “tESt” is indicated on odo/trip
meter display (within 7 seconds after the ignition switch ON).
3. Release clock switch when “tESt” is indicated.
4. Combination meter self-diagnosis mode starts.
5. Press clock switch to go to next item.

I think its the second test that illuminates all segments of the dash. If the clock digits show in this test then in theory you should be able to just run some wiring and be ok

Yes it is working like the factory unit and within 1 degree of my calibrated thermometer. Now for the pricing , i am considering the price to be a donation to keep this forum running of about $10 each Will just have to find out how to go about that.

Malicious

You might have to change your username to

"Santa Claus"

Ok, did the test this was the result...

20131225_105311_zpsef17fe08.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Does this mean the dash is active waiting for a signal to show on cluster?

Last edited:
The dash itself is a mini computer of sorts .It sends out a 5 volt signal on pin 49 ( I think) and then gets a varied voltage back on pin 50. It then shows the results as the temp on the dash

DashBack_zps3e7fbd4f.jpg

Id love the lts per 100 but im sure there would be missing hardware or possibly missing firmware in the computer.scangauge is probably easy way.

Id love the lts per 100 but im sure there would be missing hardware or possibly missing firmware in the computer.scangauge is probably easy way.

LPHK, LPH and KPL are all accessible in the ECU now. I don't know if there's a line from the ECU to the instrument cluster to display it. I'll have to try the test on my own car and see if I can get that info displayed. I think I'll go off and do that now!

Edit: Well, I followed the instructions and it didn't work. I don't think I'm too pissed (it's been a while since I've had a drop) so maybe my car is too old.

Off to the RMS to get some "Historic Vehicle" plates now, I guess.

Last edited:
Aussie posted the instructions here in this thread and I followed them but to no avail.

The fuel figures are available when you query the ECU using something like Torque (Android app, requires bluetooth OBD adapter). I know SOME of that information is calculated by Torque but not all of it - flow rate per hour, for example - Torque doesn't know how long the injectors are held open or how many times they're opened for each power stroke, so it can't calculate it. It can use the LPH figure on an instant-by-instant basis and by calculating it against the vehicle speed, provide a figure fairly close to the actual LPHK. The instrument cluster might do the same, or the LPHK might be calculated by the ECU and just queried by the instrument cluster. Since I can't get my cluster to go into diagnostic mode (yet, now that it's daylight I can find my hammer) I can't tell if my cluster even has the output available.

Morning Tony
Those instructions were only to get the instrument cluster into diagnostics mode.I think to make any changes you actually need to use Consult III to actually modify the programming

I have a spare cluster from a Pathfinder and will have a go at swapping it out at some stage. Not wanting to do it now just in case it screws up the main ECU somehow .Will be able to tinker once I finish that

LPHK, LPH and KPL are all accessible in the ECU now. I don't know if there's a line from the ECU to the instrument cluster to display it. I'll have to try the test on my own car and see if I can get that info displayed. I think I'll go off and do that now!

Edit: Well, I followed the instructions and it didn't work. I don't think I'm too pissed (it's been a while since I've had a drop) so maybe my car is too old.

Off to the RMS to get some "Historic Vehicle" plates now, I guess.

Hi Tony,
I thought my Nav could'nt go into diagnostic mode neither as i was waiting for the word "test" to appear in the clock display area but after a few attempts i finally noticed it had appeared in the "Km's" display.
Just in case you were'nt seeing straight yesterday:wink:

Hi Tony,
I thought my Nav could'nt go into diagnostic mode neither as i was waiting for the word "test" to appear in the clock display area but after a few attempts i finally noticed it had appeared in the "Km's" display.
Just in case you were'nt seeing straight yesterday:wink:

I can confirm this too...

Ok, I finally got mine to work (blood alcohol reading is now lower than my alcohol blood reading).

The instructions were:

1. Turn ignition switch ON while pressing clock switch (1).
2. Press and hold clock switch until “tESt” is indicated on odo/trip
meter display (within 7 seconds after the ignition switch ON).

That does NOT work because the wording of (2) implies that you must release the clock switch after turning on the ignition. It should read:

1. Turn ignition switch ON while pressing clock switch (1) and continue to
hold clock switch until “tESt” is indicated on odo/trip meter display
2. Breathe a sigh of relief that you didn't just fry your instrument cluster

Now THAT works.

Latest posts

Back