Oil change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damgud987

Reaction score
Hi all again had a rebuild engine and would really like to help it last a little bit longer than the last time so how often is a oil charge best done also whats everyone's thinking about Extralube ZX1 i have used it in other cars and was thinking is it worth putting it in this rebuild

That's a "friction eliminator" ? In my experience they don't do a huge amount.

What you need - because diesels quickly dirty their oil - is a good oil that contains a detergent. Unlike a motorcycle*, you can use friction modified oil. Penrite full synthetic is a good choice, Valvoline have a product called "Super Diesel" which is also worth a look.

Changing oil every 5,000km is often recommended. I change mine at 10,000km but I drive quite gently, hardly ever see the coolant hit 105C, I'll slow right down to 15-20km up steep hills like Kurrajong, Thunderbolts, Cunningham's Gap etc. The inside of my motor looks nearly new.

Get a good filter. Ryco is fine, Z89A. I'd be a little wary of the "Genuine Nissan" filters you can find on eBay, they look like too good a deal to be true. Example:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3038099...uM7Ufc7r6uAlCpbUEy9uod+SLiYr|tkp:BFBMtuLQ7K5g
something smells fishy and I ain't found any sushi for a while.

Latest posts

Back