O8 nav trouble codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genghis

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I have just purchased an 08 navara 4.0l v6 six speed manual. I have codes p0430 and p0420. Wondering if anyone has experienced this? I wouldn't have thought 2 02 sensors or both catalytic converters would fail at the same time?
The car runs, starts and drives perfectly. With the multitude of issues these codes may entail thought id ask if anyone knew where to start?
Any help would be awsome

The number one most common cause of multiple unexplainable error codes is a poor battery connection. It could be dirty battery terminals, it may be the earth connection from battery negative to engine block, it may be the earth from the ECU to the body. All of these have been the cause of erratic behaviour in the past and a quick clean will often restore full function, and as a bonus costs very little to do.

It's possible that both sensors have failed - yes, of course it is, but let's check the more common (and less expensive!) solutions first.

The number one most common cause of multiple unexplainable error codes is a poor battery connection. It could be dirty battery terminals, it may be the earth connection from battery negative to engine block, it may be the earth from the ECU to the body. All of these have been the cause of erratic behaviour in the past and a quick clean will often restore full function, and as a bonus costs very little to do.

It's possible that both sensors have failed - yes, of course it is, but let's check the more common (and less expensive!) solutions first.
Aws

Awsome mate and thank you for your response. I will be giving this a try this arvo and work from there.

Awsome mate and thanks for your response. I will definitely be giving this a try this arvo. Thanks again

Hey everyone, interesting develeopment. I put the nav up on my lift today (finally got around to it). I found 3 broken wires from to plugs that plug into the front of the transfer case. There is a yellow and black wire into one plug and a red and black into the other. It appears the in turn connect to the 2 rear 02 sensors. The loom had drooped down into the front drive shaft whivh in turn has broken them one of the black ones right at the plug. I can still shift in and out of 4low 4high and two wheel drive but im thinking i may have found the cause of my 0420 and 0430 codes. Does anyone know what these plugs wiring circuits are called so i can source replacement?
Thanks to all who have answered my thread so far.
Cheers sam

I thought I'd add these pics. Not sure if this being an old thread is the right place so forgive me if my etiquette isn't right but i will also start a new thread as well.

Attachments

• 20201006_180358.jpg
    20201006_180358.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 20201006_180440.jpg
    20201006_180440.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
Wow, some serious wear showing on the cable shroud. Definitely time to get those locked up and away from the drive shaft!

Can the wires be soldered back together with some heatshrink put over the joins?

I can repair 2 of the 3 wires. One is snapped off at the plug terminal so I'm going to have to source a new plug with the tails/wires hanging out so I can solder them. Im thinking a wreckers is probably my best bet. It seems as though this same loom goes to the rear 02 sensors as well. I'm hoping this may solve my 0420 and 0430 codes?
Thanks for your response.

Latest posts

Back