o ring between head and timing case

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't remember reading about anyone having that problem. Would probably only happen if the timing cover had been removed and refitted.

I have a small coolant leak that appears to be coming from behind/ below the alternator. I have replaced the small hose there and it has not fixed it. Strange thing is it seems to only leak when cooled down not when hot that is why i am curious about the gasket and o ring etc in there

Mine does exactly the same thing, only leaks if the ute has been sitting around for a few days. it doesnt lose a lot, just a few drips here and there and as soon as it starts to warm up it stops. pretty annoying

Yes it is. I , like a lot of us i guess spend a fair amount of time in the bush and don't trust it so i have to sort it. I am guessing the head will have to come off

Yeah thats about the only way i can see you would get at it unless you take all the timing gears off and take the inner timing cover off. either way its a big job, since mine doesnt leak unless the car sits for 3-4 day im not too worried about it it only leaks a couple of drips.

If its between the head and timing case then its the gasket in the first photo i put up. but to fix that you have to pull the motor out to get timing cover off or pull the head off.

Latest posts

Back