Lower timing chain case removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cugs05

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’ve searched a bunch of forums and have been trying to find an explanation as to why I can’t get my timing case off but I haven’t found an explanation.

I’m working on a Thai built yd25 and my mission is to replace the head. In order to do so I’ve been advised that I need to remove both timing chain cases as the backing plate connects the head to the block.
I understand that with the Spanish built yd25 the sump needs to be dropped in order to remove the lower case.
The case it’s currently rocking freely and feels like it’s caught on the crank although upon closer inspection there’s nothing for it to be caught on.

If I am missing anything or people have some life saving tips for the rest of the head replacement project I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

You might’ve already figured out the solution but if not the sump needs to be removed to get the oil pump (lower cover) off. It’s a pain as two of the bolts is in the flywheel housing so you have to move the transmission back to reach them.

There is two bolts on the oil pump pick up that needs to be removed for the cover to be removed hence why the sump needs to come off.

Unsure if you need to get the lower case off to take the head off though.

Latest posts

Back