Not so thirsty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumbo

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following my recent Duplex chain conversion I've just filled up after 462k's for 45.5 litres--thats just slightly better than 10K's per litre . Not bad out of an auto all K's were done in regional areas but with plenty of slow going and plenty of hills. I've also noted that the engine is much smoother and appears to have have a bit more punch. these subjective results would all be down to the ecu getting correct timing info from the various sensors without having to cover the moving timing signals prior to the chain replacement. Food for thought and it might also explain why some D40's suddenly start gulping fuel-could it be yet another sign of abnormal chain wear[stretch]
regards Grumbo

I found the same thing with a Nissan provided chain replacement. It was like the timing had been set correctly for the first time.

Spot on when the chains wear the timing is way out and the ECU provides a timing value which would result in increased fuel consumption to let you know that maybe there's something not quite right. My most recent fill was still showing just on 10K's per litre which I consider pretty good for an auto D40.
Regards Grumbo

Latest posts

Back