Not Another Sports Bar Question...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rant

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before and it prolly sounds pretty dumb... but..

Been thinking about a DIY install of a sports bar on my 1999 D22. There are plenty of em for cheap but worried about wasting my hard earned on coin on something that might not fit.

This is one that i am looking at

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sports-B...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a74a07447

It says it's new and from a D22 so i guess my question is will a new d22 sports bar fit on my first generation 1999 d22?

Cheers, Ryan..

Dont know if it will fit mate but someone will. that said they are the biggest pain in the ass imo. the support bar comes halfway back down the tray so you can reach anything up the front of your tray. best thing ive done to my nav was piss it of lol

Hang out long enough on here and someone will be happy to give the stupid things away, rather than spending money on them. That way if it doesn't fit you've wasted nothing

If you must have one go to a local tray supplier they usually have tubs every where with them on. i got one for $50 and if i could of been bothered haggaling i could of got it cheaper. I used it for a rear bar for a canopy but so now i have no stupid support bars like i was talking about in my first post

It will fit. Just don't do what I did and mount it 5cm further back than stock. I like the look but when side by side with an STR it is a bit odd. The old one takes a bit of an angle grinding to get off. So remember to cover your paint and glass with a rag! There are also two holes that will be left once you remove the old one. I filled them with bog and painted over it with a can the same colour as the ute.
Here are some before and after. I picked mine up on ebay for $50 and painted it.
IMG_20110806_091749.jpgIMG_3445.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there

Thanks to everyone who responded. I appreciate your feedback.

I might try a local 4x4 dismantle place first and see if i can pick up one a bit cheaper. (the one on ebay is 4 hours away)

Bloody good forum this one. I have utilised the navara asia site to help install a new stereo, UHF, spotties and it has saved me heaps of time (and tears)

When i finish my build up i will post some pics

Cheers,

Ryan

ive got a chrome one sitting in my garage if u would like to try see if it fits up bought it to do a custom canvas with the sports bar but have gave up,

located in melb, lol i would be happy to sell it off for around $50

came off a d22 2011

thanks for the offer standby.. Im in southern NSW i might try and source something a bit more local if i can first.. Cheers, Ryan

You could have mine for nothing but it's off a D40 and it's in Victoria. If I wasn't so lazy and it wasn't stashed up in the old mans shed where I can forget about it the recycling joint would have had the stupid thing ages ago.

Latest posts

Back