No Power when Accelerating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me being cynical or does Nissan's fault code and diagnosis system seem lacking?

Bluessv mate i called denso and they do not make the sensors separate it comes as a whole unit and you can only purchase it from nissan... I don't know who said you can get them separate but I haven't found or seen anyone get them and replace them separately. No one knows the part numbers or replacement part numbers for the sensors.. Maybe other models or cars you can get them but not the navara as far as I know..

did it fix the issue for you 4byfor...

mine is doing something similar but i do have a fault code floating about somewhere, they told me that the car is registering a spike that is HIGH fuel rail pressure at over 130k PSI, they told me that stock they are around 80-90k PSI

so, did replacing the rail help

btw ive had the fuel filter changed and the mechanic said it was dirty but could cause any major issues that we are experiancing

I have an 07 D40 Navarra auto which is experiencing a power loss when either the Turbo Boost reads 19 or I get to 3000rpm in top gear. This normally happens when I have to put my foot down to overtake etc. Expecting to drop down a gear and the revs increase all i get is it staying in same gear revs increase boost goes to max the the power dramatically reduces. I have a scanguage connected so I am fairly confident about what is happenning. Boost Max, Engine load 100%, 3000rpm.
There are no error codes produced and in extreme cases the engine goes to limp mode, which means I have to stop and turn the IGn off to reset. I have read several posts on here with several ideas being pitched but it appears that all have had the problem return.
I've tried loosening the fuel cap didnt work, have changed air filter and cleaned pipes from intake to engine.(Lot of blowby oil).Didnt find any leaks in fuel lines.
As I think, the problem is fuel related as Ive got air, boost revs but no power.
The Fuel filter will be changed next then the suction control valve, Has anyone got any numbers for it and how to replace.
If anyone has had this problem and fixed it I would love to hear how. ( Not fixed it temporarily).
Thanks George

Hey mate, yes it did solve the issue. The rail reading was out by 130bar from true reading with their tools I changed it and finally it's stopped cutting out. Mind you I did change the suction control valve too hoping it was the problem but it was not.. It's a massive job changing the rail takes about 5 to 6 hours and I would never do it again. Rail costs $810 new from nissan I just swapped mine over for a second hand one for 150bux and was lucky it works fine..

Just had my 2011 Auto STX serviced last week and i told them that sometimes when i go to over take another car it won't rev past 3000rpm or change down or up gears it just sits at 3000rpm.
If i slow down and drive really slow it will change gears and drive as normal but putting your foot down does squat. Stop the car and re - start and the car is fine until it does it again could be days or months before it does it again.
Started the car up Monday morning and it won't rev past 3000rpm again so take to Nissan and get the mechanic to take for a drive just so they can see what the car is doing and they tell me that there is an ECU reflash for this problem but they have to download the software from Melbourne onto there system and then re-flash my car. Today i rang them and there is some problem flashing my ECU so it's in the dealers till i return from my mine site to Perth next Thursday and i will ring on Friday to see if it is all sweet.

The car did have another 2 engine codes but i can't tell you what they are until i pick up the car and talk to the Nissan reps. Hopefully i can let you know what codes and what the re-flash does to the fuel system

Hi guys. I no longer have this car but like some of ou are commenting the fuel rail sensor was the last issue fixed but don't know if it worked as I handed the keys back it was leased and wasable to get out of it. These Navara's area great car I just got one with some issues, I would get another one but my wife won't so on that note am out of here

I have my Navara D40 2006 model YD25 automatic, it's starting fine but lack of power on acceleration. I changed the filters, replaced the turbo but still no change, it will change all the gears but slowly because of less power, I can hardly reach 40 miles per hour. Can anyone help me with this problem

It could be the Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) has failed. It's a common issue.

The easy way to determine this is to monitor boost levels, and that's done cheaply by using an ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter and an Android app called "Torque". Add "Turbo Boost & Vacuum Gauge" and watch the info as you drive. Peak boost should be in the low 20psi range.

If you're not getting that, try connecting the vacuum hose that runs across the top of the motor directly to the turbo and drive the car again. If there's still no boost, you either have a damaged vac hose (always possible, especially with older cars) or a leaking brake booster which you'd notice by very poor braking performance.

It could be the Boost Control Solenoid (BCS) has failed. It's a common issue.

The easy way to determine this is to monitor boost levels, and that's done cheaply by using an ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adapter and an Android app called "Torque". Add "Turbo Boost & Vacuum Gauge" and watch the info as you drive. Peak boost should be in the low 20psi range.

If you're not getting that, try connecting the vacuum hose that runs across the top of the motor directly to the turbo and drive the car again. If there's still no boost, you either have a damaged vac hose (always possible, especially with older cars) or a leaking brake booster which you'd notice by very poor braking performance.
Thank you very much I connected the vacuum horse directly but still there is no change, I cleaned the air flow sensor and it changed a little bit but the rev counter will not exceed 3500rpm when in neutral, will also check on the brake booster and will update

I have my Navara D40 2006 model YD25 automatic, it's starting fine but lack of power on acceleration. I changed the filters, replaced the turbo but still no change, it will change all the gears but slowly because of less power, I can hardly reach 40 miles per hour. Can anyone help me with this problem

Try removing the electrical plug from the Fuel Rail pressure sensor located on the front of the common rail, then spraying the plug connections with contact cleaner before pushing the plug on and off a couple of times to clean up the connections. I found that a faulty electrical connection with this sensor causes a lot of problems similar to yours. Let me know how you get on.

First sign of clutch slip is in the higher gears.
Some of the d40s have a problem of going into a limp mode during acceleration and switching off the ignition and back on corrects itself for the time being.
what would be solution for that - coz i have same problem please..email me details: [email protected]
thank you

Latest posts

Back