No Power when Accelerating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garfish

Reaction score
HI all
2011 STX manual.

Just had the wife call me and say the car had lost all power when going around the corner, The engine would rev but just no drive when the clutch was out, It eventually stalled and then there was no issue. My first thought was crap the clutch but the fact that it came ok after the restart makes me think maybe not ,,,,,, Any ideas, Have already booked it into the local nissan as am meant to be heading off for a long weekend tomorrow with the camper........

What year nav, I could be wrong but i think i read somewhere there was an issue with a return spring or something with earlier models and the clutch would stick and fry itself.
Did she say if there was a shocking smell around?

just noticed 2011..

First sign of clutch slip is in the higher gears.
Some of the d40s have a problem of going into a limp mode during acceleration and switching off the ignition and back on corrects itself for the time being.

It could be a suction control valve, for that model vehicle it could be the turbocharger actuator as well. Try loosening the fuel cap (don't remove it, just do it up half a turn).

You know the funny thing - and I thought it was a load of shit too when i first heard it - Its your fuel filter!!! Mine was doing the same thing, when they get old, the ecu gives the pump more pressure to push through it to keep rail pressure up, then they surge and the fuel pressure sensor on the common rail thinks something is wrong and it puts it into a limp mode, this is a common thing apparently and you have to reset the ecu after doing the filter change to. And you should have had no engine light either. This senario is amplified if the car is chipped.

After driving it all weekend albeit only small trips the wife went to take it to the dealer and it happened 4 times in the 20 min drive, they reset the ECU yesterday and did the recall on the automatic tensioner, and this morning it is doing it from starting it up and need to start it multiple times to get it to run properly,,

I really need this to happen to me so I have a full understanding of what is happening.... hopefully tonight,,,,,,

Unfortunately now it is back,,,,,,,

I have undone the fuel filler lid half a turn, and is not as bad, but on starting in neutral will about one in 3 start and then appear to starve of fuel and stop within 5 secs on starting,,,,,,,,

Wife is not happy,,,, nor am I , guess who is off to the dealers 1st thing tomorrow again.... Now that I am back in town I will also speak to them 1st hand.........

093 is a fuel leak. If it's right (it sometimes isn't) it's no wonder you're having a problem.

Is there any sign of oily spray in the engine bay? Smell of diesel? My car doesn't smell of diesel in the engine bay (no leaks at the moment) so if yours is in good condition you shouldn't smell it in yours either.

It could also be a loose or dirty connection in the fuel rail pressure sensor line. There's a connector on the right hand side of the motor near the front - you might take that apart, clean the contacts and put it back together.

They re now replacing the SCV. 2 day wait for part to come from Melbourne....... Hopefully this is it.. time will tell but am hopeful, from most of the other threads with similar issues that this has fixed theirs heres hoping....

Funnily enough (I wasn't laughing at the times it happened), my auto 2011 STX was losing power and unresponsive completely last week. Come to a stop at lights and it just idled - no power or throttle response, nothing. Turn it off, restart, fixed it occasionally. Sometimes it took a couple of goes. Was fun when it did it underneath Brisbane in the new tunnels...... No where to stop in there!

I read the issues, got myself a new fuel filter and changed it on Saturday. Seems to have fixed it. Mine has a Chipit in it too which apparently exacerbates the problem.

My car is only 16 months old and literally just hit 30000kms. I have only ever used BP ultimate diesel in it except....... Was up on Fraser 4 weeks ago and had to put diesel in it at orchid beach. I didn't want to...... So about 35 litres went in. I blame that. It shouldn't be having issues at 30000kms surely!

Will be back in this morning, Wife mentioned that she thought it "blipped" (technical term i believe) on her yesterday, I came home from work and went for an hours drive around residential areas tryuing to replicate with various driving styles from Driving to miss daisy to theres a red line and it must be used. No dramas, Got up this morning reversed out the driveway (about 2 metre drop over 10 metres) drove approx 50 metres, thought the engine missed (it went quiet for about 1/2 sec) but rememeber being put forward , went around 2 left hand turns in about 20 metres and then up an incline and limp it did............. me thinking fuel pressure or similar with the decline two lefties and then incline. (is the route the wife generally takes when it happens to her in hindsight),,,,,, Am not happy but with the itermittant nature of this fault understand it is difficult to rectify but just because I understand does mean I am not pissed

I replaced my fuel filter Saturday but it is still doing the exact same thing as yours. For no rhyme nor reason. It did it first thing in the morning and then at the first set of lights (struggled to idle even) after a highway run down to the Gold Coast.

Lets put them side by side and burn them together.

Which service dept are you taking yours to? Village at Petrie have to be some of the most useless service departments I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with in my life. Try having a conversation about SCV's with the 20 year old girl at the counter...... and then refuses to get someone that I can talk to. I might youtube the interaction I have today because it is going to be epic.

I'm sitting in village Petrie an they are trying to source the issue with mine. Apparently it is playing up right now while plugged so they are trying to decipher the error codes!

They don't think it's a SCV, they think its software related.

I beg to differ so let's see who's right.

Latest posts

Back