Newbie to the Navara world

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddo71

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I have joined the Navara ranks. I bought a 1997 D22 Dual Cab 3.2ltr Diesel. I have owned a number of 4wd's including Patrol and some Toymotors.
I am extremely happy with it so far except for the dash malfunction problem. The instrument cluster will be sent off for repair Monday.

A quick question relates to Steering wheel replacement. I purchased the Boss kit for a 97 Navara but it is clearly too short. Does anyone know if the late 97 Navara needs the 98 kit?

Cheers

Maddo71

My mate has a aftermarket steering wheel on his Series 1 D22.

Ill find out which one he got tonight.

Welcome mate.
Good to see another Series 1 on the forum. The QD32 won't let you down.
Let me know when you find out about the boss kit as I am looking at a new steering wheel for mine.

-Brodie

Ok I am looking further in to the boss kit and it appears that the 98 kit is the correct one. Will pick it up and try tomorrow.
Just as a footnote. I am a trade qualified automotive spare parts interpreter although have not worked in the industry since 95.

Maddo

Ok have fitted after market wheel. The boss kit needed was the 1998 on kit.
All fitted slight problem with horn pickup ring but everything else is fine. So bottom line 1997 Navara needs a 1998 kit.

Hope this helps

Maddo

Latest posts

Back