New shocks, standard springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbb

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anybody knows or has had experience with replacing the stock shocks with Tough Dog foamies without upgrading the t bars or leafs. How'd it go?

Basically i'm looking for a better ride (comfort/performance), I live in a regional area and do alot of on/off road work but for the cost of someone to fit leafs and t bars up here just isn't worth it. Plus the ride height is ok at the moment.

Also has anyone has any experience with Tough Dog good/bad or otherwise?

Thanks,

2010 Nissan Navara D22, 2.5l CR STR TD, bull bar, snorkel, UHF radio, Narva 175 - HID upgrade, ute liner, custom bash plate, tow hitch, roof racks.

If you have a steel bullbar then Uprated torsion bars improve things markedly.
Rear leaves are fine if your not looking for lift. Shocks make a difference over the standard dinky items. Any shocks.
I recommend EFS torsion bars - they all come from the same place except Ironman.
Stay away from ARB Old Man EMU. Dogshit.

What Aido said in regards to torsion bars.

I have just replaced my shocks and 3 of the 4 factory ones were screwed!! 70,000k's old.... And I've heard of a lot of other people with the same experience. So in saying that you'll probably notice a big difference if yours are screwed as well. John from Zordo suspension (.com) is a great bloke to deal with and is quite cheap and will give you what ever set up you're after.

I live in the country as well so comfort is main priority. I went EFS comfort and found it quite stiff however alot of other people have had no dramas.

went with efs elite shocks all round cause they were one of the cheapest and leave everything else stock as i was just after a more comfortable ride. mines done 180XXXkms and it was still the stock shocks. replaced them and was very happy with the difference it made. cornering + bumps were soooo much better.

went with efs elite shocks all round cause they were one of the cheapest and leave everything else stock as i was just after a more comfortable ride. mines done 180XXXkms and it was still the stock shocks. replaced them and was very happy with the difference it made. cornering + bumps were soooo much better.

How did you go getting those 265/75/r16 on with no lift?

it went all right.
rub on front mudflaps on almost full turn but pulled it off and its all good.
off road wise only needed to pull off the black bit on the rear of the stock side steps as it was rubbing against it on a few bigger bumps.

You dont need rear springs unless you want to raise the rear end or carry heavy loads

You dont need torsion bars unless you have 2 (two) of either a bullbar, a winch or a dual battery kit under the bonnet.

Anyting should be better than the factory shocks. STD are about as thick as matchsticks and have a similar lifespan.

Latest posts

Back