New nav wont start :( not happy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFURY8

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well im pretty sure our starter motor has died in our 5 week old nav, we had a road side asssist guy came out and check out battery which passed 2 test and he tried to jump it and it wouldnt even try to turn over. We can clutch start it so that helps lol.

Anyway looks like its of to nissan on monday, just wonderin if anybody else has had this problem with there nav?

Starting solenoid is stuffed maybe? If you can roll start it then the motor obviously isn't buggered, which really only leaves the starting motor/ignition sequence components to be at fault.

+1 on a solenoid issue. Do you hear any clicking as the key is turned? Sounds like a solenoid failure. Might even just be a loose connection on the solenoid's coils too.

+1 on a solenoid issue. Do you hear any clicking as the key is turned? Sounds like a solenoid failure. Might even just be a loose connection on the solenoid's coils too.

i dont even get a click i think, we just clutch started it than and the missus is takin it to nissan now before work. i just hope its somthin simple as its not sumthin u expect with a new car lol

Ok nissan just rang me and apparetly my starter motor is full of dirt n sand by the looks of it, and apparently it needs a new 1 which will set me back about $1900. So im pickin it up at 4 n takin it to work so our 2 machanics can look at it n fix it.

Thing is it is a intermittent problem and will start somtimes and not others

sand and dirt look like the stuff the nissan dealer has out the back of their yard...

Sand and dirt can be pick up off any road - tell them to get stuffed & replace it under warranty!

Im about to go pic it up now and im goin give em hell, whats the point of havin a 4wd if u cant take it on dirt. He told me over the fone as soon as i go thru dirt of mud i gotta run the hose thru my starter motor n alternator after every trip. Cause thats great for the fuckin electrics. Shouldnt the starter motor be sealed and not be able to get dirt in it that easy?? I mean its only got 2500km on it and its been 2 weeks since it has been off road

it honestly takes a truck load off mud/4x4ing to fill a starter to the point that it doesnt work, especially when it is new. I wouldnt be paying for a new one with only 2500km on the clock, at a minimum i would probably cop 25,000.

NICK

Im about to go pic it up now and im goin give em hell, whats the point of havin a 4wd if u cant take it on dirt. He told me over the fone as soon as i go thru dirt of mud i gotta run the hose thru my starter motor n alternator after every trip. Cause thats great for the fuckin electrics. Shouldnt the starter motor be sealed and not be able to get dirt in it that easy?? I mean its only got 2500km on it and its been 2 weeks since it has been off road

I'm calling BS on that one. No way in hell. I've got nearly 90,000km on mine, it's been through sand, mud, rivers, dust, locusts and more - I certainly don't clutch start mine every morning!

You do NOT have to "run the hose through your starter". That is pure BS. The starter motor should be a sealed unit anyway, as you've observed.

I'd ask the guy where he really wants the hose shoved.

I'd then give this dealer a serve via Nissan. Nissan don't want bodgey dealers and they will kick them in the ass. Call Nissan, tell them what happened and what the dealer told you and who the dealer is. I bet the dealer changes tune REALLY fast afterwards.

Lol no i the beach, its never been near sand.

I went into nissan to pick it up n they said its my fault and warrant wont cover wen u use it as a 4x4. They want me to pay $2000 for a new starter, so i told em to stick it n im takin it to work so our mechanics can pull it apart n sus it out.

I would expect this shit from a great wall not a nissan, its obviously a fault from factory if its not sealed correctly and failed so soon?? I havnt done much off roadin or much playin in the mud

I'm calling BS on that one. No way in hell. I've got nearly 90,000km on mine, it's been through sand, mud, rivers, dust, locusts and more - I certainly don't clutch start mine every morning!

You do NOT have to "run the hose through your starter". That is pure BS. The starter motor should be a sealed unit anyway, as you've observed.

I'd ask the guy where he really wants the hose shoved.

I'd then give this dealer a serve via Nissan. Nissan don't want bodgey dealers and they will kick them in the ass. Call Nissan, tell them what happened and what the dealer told you and who the dealer is. I bet the dealer changes tune REALLY fast afterwards.

Hey old tony i called nissan and they couldnt give a shit they were on metro nissans side sayin i need to wash my motor after every day of off roadin better,

They want metro to do the work n if ts a faulty starter that has a mechanical fault they will replace it, but if its my fault i have to pay $2000

Back