Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtr075

Reaction score
Gday all, just joined up on xmas day of all days, all the best to everybody and hope the day was as great as mine!I am thinking of getting the "CHIP IT" chip and "Delete racing pipe" fitted to my D40 navara and blocking off the EGR valve, (I have an 09 model diesel auto), to try and reduce the fuel consumption a bit. I have fitted a steel tray and a steel bullbar and 265/70/16 tyres to it which I know wont help the fuel consumption at all. When I first got it, without the above mentioned accessories fitted, I was getting 10.5lts per 100kms(with 235/70/16 tyres fitted), and yes I know that with smaller tyres on the fuel consumption is always going to be good because the car is doing more kms than it actually is(I checked it against 2 gps's). Now I am scratching to get 13.5-14lts / 100kms. Maybe it is too much to ask of the little 2.5crd diesel to lug around these accessories, I don't know.

If anybody out there has a similar setup, it would be nice to know what your fuel consumption is like and your general thoughts of the D40 Navara are. I have only had this vehicle for 3 months and has 16000 kms on the clock(still running in I know)!
REGARDS JAY........

Welcome to the forums Jay.

The weight is definitely a contributing factor and so if the right foot, 13.5 isn't the worst economy people have been reporting from their utes but it a bit higher that some of us. Dunno about the Delete racing pipe but there is definitely a thread about the Chip it chips on this forum that will give you the low down on things, I doubt that there will be much of a fuel reduction by adding the chip but then different manufacturers claim different things and it's all down to what you believe more than anything else.

Like many of the others here I cart a fair bit of crap around on a daily basis and more come holiday time but I still don't get anywhere near 13's unless I'm towing. Someone will no doubt suggest the ECU reset to make the car relearn things, (search the D40 section for "ECU reset", this may work but don't be concerned if you notice no improvements.

I've had my D40 since new in 09 and despite a few minor issues I've had nothing go wrong and my ute still does what I ask it to when I ask it.

Gidday Jay

I have an 09 RX D40, and i have a Steel bar and winch, high top canopy, a roof rack frame and a few other accessories - all of which add weight and wind drag as well.

I have no idea what kind of ecconomy i was getting prior to the upgrades, as i have progressively been adding bits since i had the beast from the first month, and rarely get a good clean run with a tank of fuel as i regularly do short trips with a cold engine, or tow a trailer a short distance or take the beast off road.

Even with all the extra's, i can easily get 14 litres per hundred and can get much better figure if i take my foot off the gas a bit more often. (oh, i should mention that its a manuel)

Back