New member saying hi.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafnav

Reaction score
G'day. New to the forum. Traded my X trail and am waiting for my new Navara D40 ST. Five more sleeps. Can't wait. Already got some King steel rims with BFG A/T 265/75/16 fitted waiting for me at Tyrepower (bit stressed about the legalities and the rub or no rub issue). Looking into a lift kit, got quoted a good price at Pedders for new front springs and an extra leaf for the rear (any thoughts on whether I should change the shocks? Not planning on going off road much).
Anyway just wanted to say hi. Will try and post some picks when I get my Nav.
:cheers!:

Hi Rafnav

I bought my wife an Xtrail nearly two years ago - she wont let me drive it at all, so i traded my Falcon in last year and bought my Navara D40 RX 2.5td. I haven't looked back since.

Sorry, i cant advise about the shocks though - i'm still waiting for my lift kit, but i will replace the factory shocks for more suitable type for off-road use.

G'day. New to the forum. Traded my X trail and am waiting for my new Navara D40 ST. Five more sleeps. Can't wait. Already got some King steel rims with BFG A/T 265/75/16 fitted waiting for me at Tyrepower (bit stressed about the legalities and the rub or no rub issue). Looking into a lift kit, got quoted a good price at Pedders for new front springs and an extra leaf for the rear (any thoughts on whether I should change the shocks? Not planning on going off road much).
Anyway just wanted to say hi. Will try and post some picks when I get my Nav.
:cheers!:

G-day mate,
Got to ask why are you putting on steel wheels with A/T if your not planning on going offroad?
The standard shocks will do, but after the lift and you do go offroad, then you'll be at risk of breaking a shock, due to lack of travel.

A set of quality shocks will always improve the ride over the OEM's, but some people are happy with the standard suspension for their purpose.

G-day mate,
Got to ask why are you putting on steel wheels with A/T if your not planning on going offroad?
The standard shocks will do, but after the lift and you do go offroad, then you'll be at risk of breaking a shock, due to lack of travel.

A set of quality shocks will always improve the ride over the OEM's, but some people are happy with the standard suspension for their purpose.
Should have included "yet" after the "not going off road much!" Also I'm a bloke and I like the look of the black steel rims with the bigger tyres. Just hope the wife won't notice.

Hi Rafnav

I bought my wife an Xtrail nearly two years ago - she wont let me drive it at all, so i traded my Falcon in last year and bought my Navara D40 RX 2.5td. I haven't looked back since.

Sorry, i cant advise about the shocks though - i'm still waiting for my lift kit, but i will replace the factory shocks for more suitable type for off-road use.
Great car the X trail. Had mine for 3 1/2 years. Sorry to see it go.

Latest posts

Back