New kid on the block

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ribz

Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first time on any forum and found it very helpfull with so much information. Having only worked on turbo jap cars im a bit clueless when it comes to any tech 4x4 experience hence why im here. I really want to re-index my torsion bars to match the rear ride height and have run out of room on the adjusters. I have 2" shackles in the rear and front upper arms. my question is: with the adjusters wound off and the car in the air, are the bars still loaded? preload i mean.
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Ribz.

Hi Ribz, welcome to the forum.

I haven't reindexed my bars yet, it's on the to-do list. I think there i sa thread around here somewhere on it.

Welcome to the forum. I don't think I can help with the torsion bars, my guess is you're driving a D22 ... I'm in a mobile salon. Can't promise to do a neat job, but I could have a go at doing your hair if you're game.

*starts chainsaw* just relax, this won't hurt.

pretty sure theres no load on them but its ages since i swapped over my torsion bars. just put car up on axle stands and wind down adjuster all the way, you'll see when the load is off them before nut is all way off anyway. once reindexed make sure after being wound up the adjuster is sitting up nice and safe in the cross rail.

pretty sure theres no load on them but its ages since i swapped over my torsion bars. just put car up on axle stands and wind down adjuster all the way, you'll see when the load is off them before nut is all way off anyway. once reindexed make sure after being wound up the adjuster is sitting up nice and safe in the cross rail.
no worries. cheers mate.

i have to pull mine out again sunday to put all new bushings in the control arms and swaybar. I had oil leak from a catch can onto a bush with has destroyed the rubber bush and now it clunks everytime i brake. rubber & oil is bad. great way to spend a sunday....not

Latest posts

Back