Need help identifying a part please.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobMack

Reaction score
Good morning and seasons greetings to everyone,
I have a 2010 Nissan Navara D40 2.5 TDI that has deleloped a problem in the fuel line,
I can only start the vehicl now if i prime the fuel filter first.
On Friday i tried to start her and she kicked in but only ran for 30 seconds, i was confused so i removed the fuel filter and found it only half full?
so i returned the fuel filter to its position and primed it until hard and she started almost immediatley, i kept the revs on about 3000 rpm for 2 minutes and reduced rpm to idle speed and she continued idling until i switched off the ignition 5 minutes later.
So somewhere she is drawing in air??
I did notice a particular component i believe is on the fuel line is getting really hot and although ive spent hours on google trying to identify this part im still clueless.
Please see picture attached of said component, and please advise if you can identify.
Many thanks
Rob.

Attachments

• Navar Component unknown .jpg
    Navar Component unknown .jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
I don't have that widget and mine's only a year older. It could be an aftermarket fuel pump.
Hi Tony,
I found out its a EGR Volume control Valve, Landmann was kind enough to share a w/shop manual so i could i.d,

i was initially concerned as it was getting hot, but this is normal as exhaust gasses pass through it.

My main concern is fuel running back from the filter/button primer into the tank???
I can pump the button +- 75-100 times before it gets hard and immediately fuel starts returning to the tank.
So currently if i start it up,

1. i remove the fuel filter, fill it up with diesel from a bottle,

2. I put back the now full fuel filter.

3. I remove the outlet pipe from the filter.

4. I pump the button 75-100 times then return the out let pipe to its connection on the filter,

5. Give th pump 10 more pumps and start the motor,

6. as it starts up i get the revs up to 3000rpm and hold it there for 2 minutes.

7. I return the revs to idle speed and she's good to go, but if i stop the engine i must re do the steps 1 - 6 !!

So i guess i have an air leak

1. on the fuel line between the tank and the primer pump?

2. The O ring on the filter is bad?

3. The primer pump on the filter has packed up?

any further ideas would be appreciated.

Good morning and seasons greetings to everyone,
I have a 2010 Nissan Navara D40 2.5 TDI that has deleloped a problem in the fuel line,
I can only start the vehicl now if i prime the fuel filter first.
On Friday i tried to start her and she kicked in but only ran for 30 seconds, i was confused so i removed the fuel filter and found it only half full?
so i returned the fuel filter to its position and primed it until hard and she started almost immediatley, i kept the revs on about 3000 rpm for 2 minutes and reduced rpm to idle speed and she continued idling until i switched off the ignition 5 minutes later.
So somewhere she is drawing in air??
I did notice a particular component i believe is on the fuel line is getting really hot and although ive spent hours on google trying to identify this part im still clueless.
Please see picture attached of said component, and please advise if you can identify.
Many thanks
Rob.
Ok so the process of elimination has got me here:

main concern is fuel running back from the filter/button primer into the tank???
I can pump the button +- 75-100 times before it gets hard and immediately fuel starts returning to the tank.
So currently if i start it up,
1. i remove the fuel filter, fill it up with diesel from a bottle,
2. I put back the now full fuel filter.
3. I remove the outlet pipe from the filter.
4. I pump the button 75-100 times until fuel runs clean without air, then return the out let pipe to its connection on the filter,
5. give the pump 10 more pumps and start the motor,
6. as it starts up i get the revs up to 3000-4000rpm and hold it there for 2 minutes.
7. I return the revs to idle speed and she's good to go, but if i stop the engine i must re do the steps 1 - 6 !!

So i guess i have a major air leak .
1. on the fuel line between the tank and the primer pump?
2. The 'O' ring on the filter is bad?
3. The primer pump on the filter has packed up?
4. The fuel check valve between the tank and the filter has gone bad and now works both ways?

any further help or ideas would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back