Navara D40 2" lift, what to do ?????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISHOLOT

Reaction score
Hi folks, long time reader but first time poster. I have a 2008 D40 STX 2.5td , pretty stock except for ARB steel winch bar, IPF HID's, ARB canopy and heavy duty tow bar. It's not used for anything to rigorus off road, dirt/gravel roads/tracks and some light beach use. Its main use is as a tow vehicle for a 14ft aluminium boat and loaded with some camping gear, when loaded with gear, about 150kg, and boat it sags in the arse a bit so I fitted polyair bellows to the rear, keeps everything nice and level, very happy with them and yes I have heard/read all about what they supposedly can do to your chassis but I don't carry or tow enough weight to be an issue as far as that goes. Now I want some more clearance and intend to fit 265/75/16 tyres but have to upgrade suspension. I am in two minds, get a full kit such as EFS or Tough Dog fitted or leave standard leafs and polyair on the back and upgrade everything else, shocks. struts, springs etc Would this type of upgrade work retaining standard leafs/polyairs or should I just go the EFS/Tough Dog kit. Second thing is recommendations needed re dealers in Perth for supply/fit of full kit or other parts, pretty limited in that respect where I am. Sorry for the long winded post but looking forward to your replys and advice.

Thanks John

Id go complete lift makeover. EFS/toughdog are both decent kits which should be around $2500 which i think is all u need.
just a note that u wont reach 2" at the front. the max u can go is 35mm front due to ind front sus...rear ud get around 40mm anything higher than this will require cal/fabtech type lift which then needs a engineers cert which prob all up cost around $4000-4500 fitted and on road.

just a note that u wont reach 2" at the front. the max u can go is 35mm front due to ind front sus...rear ud get around 40mm anything higher than this will require cal/fabtech type lift which then needs a engineers cert which prob all up cost around $4000-4500 fitted and on road.

I have 65mm lift at the front with no problems of coil bucket upper control arm contact. You can safely go up to 3" with out casuing CV problems. And 100mm + on the rear is easily obtainable, with extended ABS and brake lines. T

My suspension cost around $1500. King/Bilstein combination.

Cheers.

I have 65mm lift at the front with no problems of coil bucket upper control arm contact. You can safely go up to 3" with out casuing CV problems. And 100mm + on the rear is easily obtainable, with extended ABS and brake lines. T

My suspension cost around $1500. King/Bilstein combination.

Cheers.

what?! every1 iv rung advised 35mm max at front before the camber starts to get on the angle and the inner tyre starts to wear quicker..replacing bushes dont help either. i was soo pissed off at the piss weak 35mm ..did u do it urself? who did it

Last edited:
Yes, I forgot.

Note: Some D40's although I thought it was mainly the 2WD, dont have any cam bolts on the lower control arms to adjust the camber. This is probably what they were referring to.

I fitted mine myself, then had Nissan do a wheel alignment to ensure it was all in spec. No probs on my truck. The CV angles are no problems too, maybe they will wear a little quicker, but unlikely to fall out like Hilux's do after 40mm lifts.

I've got the 40mm Tough Dog set up done by Opposite lock in Darwin. Ended up being about 65 70mm lift in the end. Had no problems real problems but although i need tyres anyway, my front left has scrubbed away in the last 2000km's. The right has worn evenly.

Latest posts

Back