My new bar!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah good on ya Matt that would be great if you could find out the info for me when you can. The ground to guard measurements will be a good help as well, when you can mate I don't mean to be a pest.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure 75mm lift is the max on the CV angles. You may have coil bucket contact as well, keep an eye on it.

Yeah good on ya Matt that would be great if you could find out the info for me when you can. The ground to guard measurements will be a good help as well, when you can mate I don't mean to be a pest.

Thanks

Ok mate here ya go:

front ground to guard standard 880mm
front ground to guard with bar 865mm
front ground to guard with bar and susp 940mm

rear ground to guard standard 880mm
rear ground to guard with susp 980mm

I havent got any weight in the rear yet, I think thats why its so high.

Measurements were taken on flat ground to the jighest point of the guard arc.

Keep looking out for you around Bracken Ridge Matt but no luck yet, shouldn't be that bloody hard to spot!

Keep looking out for you around Bracken Ridge Matt but no luck yet, shouldn't be that bloody hard to spot!

Haha yeah I keep looking for silver D22's too. Im in caulfield st mate if you are down that way. There's always a cold beer in the fridge.

Haha yeah I keep looking for silver D22's too. Im in caulfield st mate if you are down that way. There's always a cold beer in the fridge.

You are joking, I am in Flemington St, literally around the corner ha ha.

I have various pics here and there but I should really put some in here of it finished (for now).

I am really happy with it now, I reckon its a pretty well set up vehicle. Still very much road biased because I do far more road kms than off road but a good compromise I reckon.

Hopefully we will get some good pics of it getting dirty at Glasshouse on sunday.

PS Jason, can you change the thread title to Matt's D40 or somthing similar?
Cheers

hey matt. after checking out the pics of ur nav i'm glad i'm not coming on the glasshouse run, jealous as!
thats the bar I was gonna get when i ordered my d40 but was quoted $2100 and really couldn't justify it, now i've seen one i really wish i did. i wasn't goona have the hoop though, just the black bar section.
guess i'll just add it to the list of things to beg for permission to do one day!

A bit of an update, I finally got my dual battery setup finished. I put a 120 amp/hr AGM battery in the tub in a custom box with a battery meter and switches. I havent given it a good test yet but all looks to be working ok (after Jason fixed my dodgyness for me haha).

The front section is just storage for tools and stuff

Last edited:
They look pretty good, wish I had the time and inclination needed to make metal boxes. My battery box/tool box is timber because it was quick, easy and the paint that was a close match to the car was timber paint.

I have a couple of new inclusions. I got an ARB canopy fitted last week, and got that weird rubber spray on tub liner stuff. I tested it out yesterday up at inskip, I am really happy.

Mate that's looking sweet,

Ive had my new D40 Navara a few months now at the moment its totally stock standard but I'm looking into a few mods myself and funnily enough was just in ARB today looking at similar bars, its good to see what they look like on a car the same colour as mine to get a better idea of what it will look like colour coded black.
I'm still a bit undecided on what style to go yet, i was swinging towards the full deluxe bar but after seeing how yours come up I'm just not sure now.

I might need some advise in the future from someone who's been there done that when it comes to modifying a D40 so i might need to call on you at a later date if that's alright.

Cheers Matt A

I might need some advise in the future from someone who's been there done that when it comes to modifying a D40 so i might need to call on you at a later date if that's alright.

Cheers Matt A

Yeah no probs mate, I will help you where I can. There are a few things I would do differently so I am happy for others to learn from my mistakes.

Latest posts

Back