Motoring's Review on the new 2015 D23

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant believe its a 2.3 Renault engine
shame Nissan, you need more cubes for the aussie market

I'm reading (and again being the interwebz, take it with a grain of salt) that this is basically replacing the D22... and later in the year the D40 (D41?) will come online with the bigger engine.. BUT - given top spec D23 is 60K - the D40 would want to be a V8 Diesel, like the Titan.. And I can't for one minute see that happening..

What happened to the Cummins Engine the O/S ones gets? Really, do you care how "smooth" your engine is when you're out 4wd-ing or towing?

Nissan _Shift .... into missing the key target demographic

All 4x4 models retain switch-on-the-fly up to 100km/h, although unlike Amarok and Triton, the Navara’s 4WD system will not operate on bitumen.

What is with that? I live in the snow line and am constantly switching between 2wd and 4wd as the road demands..

Well the 2.8 Cummins looked a lot more appetizing, but this Renault thing has lost me. Stupid stupid move. You don't see any other Ute on the market featuring a matchbox motor. You need to be punching 2.5L base models and up over 2.8L top models

well the 2.8 cummins looked a lot more appetizing, but this renault thing has lost me. Stupid stupid move. You don't see any other ute on the market featuring a matchbox motor. You need to be punching 2.5l base models and up over 2.8l top models

nissan have been using renault engines in just about all their cars since 07-08,tiida's.dualis navara.pulsar juke etc and why? Because nissan is owned by renault.

Well the 2.8 Cummins looked a lot more appetizing, but this Renault thing has lost me. Stupid stupid move. You don't see any other Ute on the market featuring a matchbox motor. You need to be punching 2.5L base models and up over 2.8L top models

There is 2.8 Cummins ISF available in Chinese Foton Tunland :) Amarok is 2.0l twin turbo . Having said that I do agree with you - at least they should of kept V9X going.

nissan have been using renault engines in just about all their cars since 07-08,tiida's.dualis navara.pulsar juke etc and why? Because nissan is owned by renault.

Partnership between Nissan and Renault is an Alliance - they use and share technology and expertise both ways. It did start with Renault purchasing 38% of Nissan but it has morphed into alliance since. For example Renault uses Nissans VQ engines and they jointly developed H series engines.

Partnership between Nissan and Renault is an Alliance - they use and share technology and expertise both ways. It did start with Renault purchasing 38% of Nissan but it has morphed into alliance since. For example Renault uses Nissans VQ engines and they jointly developed H series engines.

YES TRUE Renault have a controlling share of 45% in the Nissan group .

Still think a petrol option of a high efficiency V6 would be a good option. Diesel is loosing it. High servicing cost, higher initial outlay for a Diesel engine, more cost per litre, and very fuel sensitive. One crook tank load of fuel and your stuffed. The diesel/petrol gap has narrowed with the latest generation of V6 petrols and if your not doing huge K's per year, diesel don't add up. It's a well documented fact.

still think a petrol option of a high efficiency v6 would be a good option. Diesel is loosing it. High servicing cost, higher initial outlay for a diesel engine, more cost per litre, and very fuel sensitive. One crook tank load of fuel and your stuffed. The diesel/petrol gap has narrowed with the latest generation of v6 petrols and if your not doing huge k's per year, diesel don't add up. It's a well documented fact.

you are not wrong ,glad i have a zd30 while it is older it is cheaper to repair than common rail diesel's,i wouldn't buy a late model diesel.

Still think a petrol option of a high efficiency V6 would be a good option. Diesel is loosing it. High servicing cost, higher initial outlay for a Diesel engine, more cost per litre, and very fuel sensitive. One crook tank load of fuel and your stuffed. The diesel/petrol gap has narrowed with the latest generation of V6 petrols and if your not doing huge K's per year, diesel don't add up. It's a well documented fact.

I agree

Latest posts

Back