Lower ball joint

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stika

Reaction score
Went to pedders yesterday to get a safety check, and told me to replace my lower ball joints as they have excessive play. After speaking to a few people I rang around a few auto shops, repco, burson's and they dont have the part. So I rang nissan and they don't have the part only the full lower control arm at $260 for 1. Pedders quoted me $60 each and $160 in labour. So my question is do I believe pedders or do I go somewhere else?

Personally I've not had any bad experiences with Pedders. They upgraded the rear suspension in my Commodore and I was quite pleased with the results.

For complete peace of mind, slide under and rattle your ball joints around. Do they click or can you feel them moving? They're supposed to be a nice slide as the steering moves, there's not supposed to be movement that you can feel. If you can feel it, then the guys aren't trying to pull your chain and get some extra business out of you.

I'm not saying that they would do that - just offering a way for you to get peace of mind. And if they do change them over for you, you have a warranty with them.

I'm suspecting that your factory warranty has all but expired now - so there's no reason to "only use Nissan parts" when after-market may be as good or even better.

Latest posts

Back