Lower ball joint fail

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
So as title has anyone had a lower ball joint fail and if so what noise has it made because iv got a front suspension rattle and have bad death wobbles on the left wheel and cambers in bad when cornering again on the left wheel.

iv replace cv joints, drag link and idler arm (they were shot bad) but still have the problem wheel bearings seem fine not play in the wheel when lifted so it has to be ball joints? yes?? any info would be great

ps iv had multiple wheel alignments but doesn't fix the wobbles.

Jack it up and put a bar under the wheel and lever up, if its the ball joint flogged it should give up and down in its socket

as dave said - plus you can also use a large pair of multi grips once she's in the air
to see how much play is in it !

Alright thanks guys now to throw a spanner in the works I only noticed it when I put new UCA in so whats the chances of getting a bad upper ball joint with my UCAs? Or just ruining my lower ball joints when I put them in

so just jacked up the car and nothing no movment in the ball joints at all and all the bushes are fine im stumped bad

How long have the uca's been in? I remember someone complaining a few years back that the bushes in his three inch uca's kept on flogging out. Worth checking anyway.

Cheers Brad

Na had a look there alright only had them in maybe 3 or 4 weeks no big trips or anything. Thanks anyway mate iv got to cancel everything out sooner or later

Hey guys I noticed the washers on the UCA bolts arnt exactly straight up and one is even up in the lip so not flush but tightened, if that makes sence haha could that have something to do with it?

Yep they are a can bolt that allows adjustment of the caster angle. They should sit flat but in between 2 edges so when you turn the blot left or right it moves the center of the bolt.

Back