Loss of power after intake manifold clean

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

Reaction score
Hi All
Just done a intake manifold clean on my 2010 D40 ,gave the EGR and Throttle a good cleaning as well
It ran perfectly for a couple of days then lost its power again. I then blanked the EGR and all the power came back but a couple of days later it lost it again
Any ideas what to do next
Thanks heaps

Is there any smoke associated with the power loss, and if so, what colour?

Is there any sign of black oily emissions around any of the hose joins between the turbocharger through the intercooler onto the intake manifold?

The 2010 D40 will have vacuum-operated turbocharger, it's entirely possible that a vacuum hose has deteriorated just enough to lose vacuum now and again, reducing turbo effectiveness and therefore losing power.

How do the brakes feel when you lose power? Still a similar amount of braking force for the pressure applied to the pedal, or do you have to push a lot harder than usual to make the car stop?

Is there any smoke associated with the power loss, and if so, what colour?

Is there any sign of black oily emissions around any of the hose joins between the turbocharger through the intercooler onto the intake manifold?

The 2010 D40 will have vacuum-operated turbocharger, it's entirely possible that a vacuum hose has deteriorated just enough to lose vacuum now and again, reducing turbo effectiveness and therefore losing power.

How do the brakes feel when you lose power? Still a similar amount of braking force for the pressure applied to the pedal, or do you have to push a lot harder than usual to make the car stop?
Hi Old Tony

the smoke is black but haven’t had any brake loss
there was oily emissions around all intercooler hoses but nothing since I washed everything down after the manifold clean out
l might have a go at the vacuum hoses
Thanks for the information

The oily emissions from arund the intercooler indicates a boost leak. It's making boost for you but (and mostly at higher boost levels) you're losing some, so you may notice a slight power drop - usually the Hilux isn't getting smaller in your mirror as fast as it used to. The oil isn't at a high level in the air chamber - so it takes a while for it to accumulate.

Give the intercooler hoses and clamps a really good looking over.

The oily emissions from arund the intercooler indicates a boost leak. It's making boost for you but (and mostly at higher boost levels) you're losing some, so you may notice a slight power drop - usually the Hilux isn't getting smaller in your mirror as fast as it used to. The oil isn't at a high level in the air chamber - so it takes a while for it to accumulate.

Give the intercooler hoses and clamps a really good looking over.
Thanks for that. I might replace them and vacuum hoses as well

Latest posts

Back