Limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allnatz

Reaction score
Hi every one i have a navara d40 2011 the problem is it goes to limp mode everytime i use aircon on it. It drive fine if i dont use aircon and when it goes to limp mode it throws up a code fuel leak p0692

The code P0692 isn't listed in the service manual, but I did find it on engine-codes.com as a "Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit High" - I don't know where the fuel leak code came from (and it does seem very odd for the aircon to trigger a fuel problem!).

I'm not sure if that refers to the engine's cooling fan or the fan in the cabin. What fan speed is it set on? Do you get the error when the fan is turned on, or when the aircon is activated? What happens at different fan speeds? Do you hear the cabin fan at all or could the fan be jammed and that's causing this error?

The error is listed but still doesn't make sense. Air conditioning doesn't have anything to do with fuel. My guess is that if the fuel filter is fairly new**, there's a poor electrical connection somewhere under the bonnet and I'd suggest you unplug and replug the following items (do them one at a time, all you're really doing here is cleaning the contacts - you are NOT removing these devices!) :

* Fuel pump
* SCV (on the fuel pump)
* Fuel rail pressure sensor
* Air conditioning pressure sensor (near the battery on the refrigerant line)
* Engine coolant temp sensor (upper left side on front of engine for YD25)

I'd also check and clean the battery terminals (because that can cause odd things to happen) and there's no harm in finding the ECU earth (engine bay right hand side near the ECU), removing it and giving it a good clean.

They're the items mostly responsible for what's happening. There are some relays in the distribution boxes that are involved as well, you might consider popping the lids off and doing a re-seat of each.

** Even a new filter can be "attacked" by dirty fuel and start causing problems.

Hey allnatz, I'm wondering if you solved this issue? Mine seems to do the same thing, pressing the circulate button sometimes seems to cause it.

Latest posts

Back