lift kits

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonezD22

Reaction score
Hey guys!

New to this forum, just wanted to know.... I have a 2005 Nissan Navara D22 STR 3.0lt Diesel. I took it to double island point on the weekend and it was a very rough ride ( might have been my driving :smile: ) but I was thinking about getting a lift kit I would like to know what is a good brand to go for heard tough dog is good but I would like to know from the people that own a Navara and has the lift kit!

Thank you,

Bonnie

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

there are a few options. You can go a body lift or a suspension lift. Zordo on here does both as a starting point otherwise the options are endless depending on what you want to do with your car

I was thinking about doing a suspension lift, I just want a smoother ride I doubt the body lift would really do that?

TJM or Tough dog suspension lift will do the trick, I had TJM Parramatta install my lift, front suspension is TJM and went for Tough Dog in the rear because their adjustable and it gave me about 50mm lift and runs a lot better off road.

I was thinking about doing a suspension lift, I just want a smoother ride I doubt the body lift would really do that?

yeah in that case you will want a suspension upgrade. If you dont want a lift but want a better ride in the front think about changing the shocks as a start. Standards are ok but not great.

If you want a lift then go a full suspension lift as body lift will do nothing other than give you more clearance

Any aftermarket suspension is gonna give you a better ride cause the stock system is chithouse.

I went for a zordo kit with bilstein shocks, was a 50mm lift but has sagged a bit now. Was much more comfortable over standard.

Cheers,

TF

Hi I pieced together a tough dog springs and foam cell shocks calmini UCA's and other bits n pieces for under 2 grand and have been extremely happy with the exception of the leafs, I ordered the 250 kg springs from memory for articulation and because I've had decent loads on the back fairly often they've sagged heaps in 18 months but that's my own fault for overloading them.

Thanks for the information guy's! can't wait to get my baby lifted and back for some more camping / 4x4 !!!

:-D

so I got a quote from TJM and city suspension
16053.jpg
16055.jpg
TJM is $100 cheaper but I got told the city suspension kit is better? had any problems with them? what one do you guy's think?

hey guys,

TJM or bilstien?

Im tossing up between these two.... any words of wisdom? $100 cheaper for TJM but got told bilstiem is a better brand?

thanks

I went TJM because their service centres and areas are based in Aus rather then overseas, which TJM place or mechanic are you doing this with?

I have the TJM Golds, good shocky offroad maybe a tad stiff on road but that was most likely the torsion bars and leaf springs(EFS) as it is settling nicely now bout 5 months since being installed, everyone says bilsteins are the go but im happy enough with mine, D22's are a rough ride anyway.

18204.jpg

well here it is... all done! so happy how it has turned out / drives! will have to test 4wd mode soon! :) now next project light bar and black steel wheels!

Latest posts

Back