Lack of spare parts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acko13

Reaction score
Has anybody had the experience of having a problem with their Navara and the dealer can't get or doesn't stock the parts to fix it?

Let me relate my experience.
For some time I had smelled coolant from the engine of my D40 STX. Could not find a leak anywhere and water usage was minimal. Eventually though a small green puddle appeared on the driveway, and a crawl under the car revealed it was now dripping down the back of the clutch housing. Bugger!

Off to my Nissan Service place and they diagnosed a blown head gasket. The head was sent off and checked for cracks etc, but all was well in that area. That's when the problems started.

The dealer had a genuine head gasket but not the rest of the gaskets required to put everything back on again. A search Australia wide revealed NONE in stock anywhere, and they could not even locate non genuine parts. They contacted the factory in Japan and eventually a set was sent down.

All up my vehicle was off the road for exactly one month.

Now I can't say enough good things about the service crew at Grand Nissan in Morphett Vale SA. John put a case to Nissan that this vehicle had always been serviced at the dealer and had only covered 87,000km - it was a year out of warranty, but Nissan came to the party and agreed to pay 50% of the parts and labour costs.

Just curious to see if other owners have had a parts problem at all.

Recently had a Exhuast manifold crack on my D22. Nearly died when I was told $780 for a replacement.

Not long after I got my d22 (2012) my starter motor shat itself. No parts in the country and an4 week wait I finally got my ute back. Luckily it was under warranty or I would have been up for $1200 plus labour

Have the same problem with parts for my bike, shipment once a month from japan.

Back