Labor to win on September 14th.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a rather laughable civil suit by One Nation co-founder David Ettridge. You're starting to sound a little hysterical like an inner city greenie now biscuits!!! ;)

Tony Abbott

If Abbott wants to make brash claims, then he should be held accountable to his own words. The claims against Peter Slipper were thrown out of court with a judge ruling that there was evidence of political corruption and conspiracy but Abbott still called for Slipper to step down days after he was served with papers until the matter was resolved. Why can he now not be held to his own standard???

Yes, maybe, but whose fault is that? The media or the politicians?

Their own f**king fault, that whose fault it is! It is not hard to find each political parties web site, downlaod policies (such as they are) and read them (if folks can't read then get that sorted first) FFS.

you should have to sit a test before voting. Just to prove that you actually understand what the hell you are voting for. If you fail the test you can go home and don't have to damage the country with your ignorance based voting.

It's a rather laughable civil suit by One Nation co-founder David Ettridge.

It is a piss weak Suit no doubt about it. But Biscuits has a point -- Tony may need to live by the high standards he expects of others, or be more carfefull when playing politics. I don't expect that he should or would step aside, but he should be called out on this if for no other reason than highlighting his hypocrisy.

you should have to sit a test before votg. Just to prove that you actually understand what the hell you are voting for. If you fail the test you can go home and don't have to damage the country with your ignorance based voting.

To right. I was chating to an American tourist here last year. Talking about politics. When I said to her voting is compulsory Australia she said to me "but then all the stupid people can vote". I was a little horrified by that statment, couldn't get it out of head then it dawned on me, she is dead right.

Last state election here, standing in line there was an AEC official at the door asking if your voting in your own electorate, some bogun in front of me said he didn't know. Felt like saying to bloke sorry mate, your not elidgable to vote with that answer.

Last state election here, standing in line there was an AEC official at the door asking if your voting in your own electorate, some bogun in front of me said he didn't know. Felt like saying to bloke sorry mate, your not elidgable to vote with that answer.

You think that is bad, wait till they get elected. Our previous local member, a liberal celebrity imposition, didn't even know the boundaries of his electorate. No wonder he pissed off to North Sydney before the next election.

If you want an education, try lining up to work as a polling official and then see how many ways you can work out to explain to some bozo how to vote. That will try your patience. Also your honesty if your "candidate" drew the top of the ticket position as "just number them from 1 to 6 rolls off the tongue so easily".

Also fun when it comes to the counting, you get gold such as "I don't care if they have written Get ****ed across the paper, the act says that if they have clearly made a mark for one and only one candidate and than that vote get counted for that candidate". One of the letters crossed one of the candidate boxes, so it counts. It is amazing how many big X's do that as well.

So lets take a quick tally of election promises.

Stop the boats = Fail!

"We will stop the boats on Day 1". All they have done is tried to stop the information on the boats. We heard nothing but Stop the Boats for 4 years and they have done nothing. The plan is place is still Labors solution.

Balance the budget = Fail!

Joe Hockey just raised Australia's debt ceiling by 67% from 300 Billion to 500 Billion or 1/2 a Trillion. However when Labor raised it by 25 Billion to the previous 300 Billion limit, the liberals cried BUDGET EMERGENCY, BUDGET EMERGENCY. When you actually do a little research you learn the even the Howard Government never had a budget in surplus. They only maintained the false illusion of surplus by selling public assets, they did however increase middle class welfare which kept the punters happy.

Screw up the NBN up = So far so good.

Turnbull has stacked the NBN audit/review with all his ex Telstra cronies. Bit of jobs for the boys action. Looks like a good setup for a sale to Telstra. Over 250k people signed and online petition begging them not to change it. So this is about the only thing they said they would do and are on track to success for.

On a side note. It has been estimated that Tony Abbott has accumulated approx $90,000-$110000 worth of suspect travel claims for Charity rides/events and "Volunteer" work. So while he tells everyone else to cut he doesn't seem to be living the message. So if you are heading to any charity events or friends wedding, don't forget to claim it on your tax. Let me know how that works out for you.

Meanwhile we are paying Abbott 500k a year to "Volunteer" to fight fires (sit in truck for photos) and they haven't sat a day of office. Fighting fires in a noble act don't get me wrong, I have put my money where my mouth is and signed up to my local Bush Fire Brigade, but when people at the fires are taking to facebook and twitter stating that he just rocked up, took some photos with people ate sandwiches and sat in a truck. It doesn't reflect well. If he was good at being PM then i would have an issue with him "Volunteering", however so far he has been a hollowman and more of a ghost who claims, than a PM.

Glad i didn't vote for those pricks.

Last edited:
On a side note you are now calling his Captain and fellow volunteers liars. You're a f***en champion mate, when you have thirteen years like Abbott then come back here and boast some.

The report I have seen are from his fellow volunteers. So when you're finished being a fanboy. Do some reading other than news.com.au
It was a radio interview on the ABC with his Captainbwhere I got my info from. Fan boy not, I prefer the truth to that of rambling pork chops !

when you have thirteen years like Abbott then come back here and boast some.

Years or time don't count for shite, my 22 years as a cfa vol has been 22 years of fires and training and about 18 years combined as either a captain or lieutenant, yet we have other members who've just got 30 plus years service medals and the haven't shown there faces in twenty years, so if your proud of abbots 13 years good luck to you. But I will say I don't belittle anyone's contribution to the likes of cfa or ses, if they are actually contributing in one form or another, and not just doing it for kudos

politics shouldn't come before kudos to our fire fighters but personally i think its great our PM is getting his hands dirty with fires instead of being a knob who twitters his shaving cuts..

Last edited:
should also say we have a bloody good country where our PM can mix it with the public, most other countries they would be more terrified of being shot than fighting a fire..
stop knocking this great land we live in and biscuits, be grateful you can say what you say without fear, its as a result of both side of politics we have the best country in the world..

Don't get me wrong I am grateful. I even served in this great nations Navy for 7 years, so I could have such freedoms. So don't doubt my commitment either.

As mentioned above 99% of Abbott time is spent on abbott. If he gave up consistent time all the time to rfs, I would have no issue. However he only shows up when there is a photo op. Last time he was there with the mdia, his brigade was not even on stanby. Pure PR, which in my eyes takes away from the real heroes laying itall on the line.

Really no point me even entertaining this thread! Haters are gonna be haters and will stick to their blinkered views until they're blue in the face!!!

Cheers Brad

thread closed
there has been one complaint about closing this thread
closing thread was discussed with other admins and it was a joint decision to close before things got out of hand
people have had there say with 120 responses
its time to move on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back