Keep an eye on ur rig

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundy

Reaction score
My rant for the day..
Went inside around 5:30 sun arvo by the time i came out at 6 some little FCK decided it'd be a fun game to slash my tonneau! WTF? In full daylight parked in my driveway. Not the first time either as i had the bonnet of my old lancer keyed. What are these little FKN CTS on?!?!!! :angry:

I think it's time to install some sort of motion activated camera or something, anyone here have any clue when it comes to this stuff??

Attachments

• R0014103.JPG
    R0014103.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 128
This is why I busted both nuts to fit mine (err, that should be "squeeze mine") into our garage. I've still got work to do, it's a tight squeeze, but I'd rather be clambering out the passenger door like I do now, than see the damage you *know* some wipe is going to do.

I tried planting some trees, for God's sake, and some dipstick came along and ripped them out of the ground, then tried throwing them over my own back fence into my pool.

The police won't do a thing either. About the best you could do is reverse it in, so they can't casually walk past and do that.

As for your car, the excess is likely to be higher than the cost of a new cover. E-bay?

That makes feel safe about coming to Perth, just as well the sister in law is moving her car out of the garage for the Nav to park in, (she'll find this out when we arrive).

It's hard to imagine what goes through the brains of some of the idiots in this world but no doubt they feel tough and manly because they were able to ruin someones day.

Security cams are a breeze to set up, about the hardest part would be the cabling, you can pick up a basic unit with everything in it for about $150 these days. You can also get pc based security systems for less than that too it would all depends on the quality you want.

The most annoying thing about security cams is that just because you have the DH on camera doesn't mean the cops will do anything, although if you want to dish out your own retribution they can be quite handy.

Also worth checking the local laws on placing driveway cameras, some councils claim that unless there is clear signs telling people they are being filmed it's a breach of their laws, similar to shops and their use of cameras. None the less it's still quite an easy job.

bloody hell mate, sorry to hear about this and i hope you catch the lil fker that did this.

but WHY? some of the kids these days are just so tweaked in the head that its no wonder i keep a lil 'something' behind the seat of the nav in case some dumb ass tries something on my car.

lucky the prick didnt go for the paint work! (knock on wood)

best bet would be ebay for a new one or have a go at sewing it up with some thick thread or fishing line then give it a coat of sealant to keep water out. thats what i'd do, but i'm guessing you want a new cover ay?

looks like it might have been someone waiting for you to get home to do it? kids in the street? or possibly some group of dicks walking by and deciding to have 'fun'...

That makes feel safe about coming to Perth, just as well the sister in law is moving her car out of the garage for the Nav to park in, (she'll find this out when we arrive).

dont fret too much mate, perth isnt all bad!

freo isnt too bad, but keep away from the boongs at night time...

one of the girls from school was out with the girls and as she was going to her car a mob of the fk's came up and started pulling her hair and stuff, and then keyed every panel of the car

We stayed in a house in Rockingham last year and people in the area reckoned crime was at an all time high yet we saw nothing in the 4 weeks we were there.

Crime is everywhere and it's easy to blame drugged or drunk idiots but the sad reality is that it isn't always them sometimes its just plain and simple morons with nothing better to do.

If I keep away from the bogans when I'm over there, christmas with the inlaws will be quite, and yes I am lucky they wont be reading this.

oops i originally read this as bogans not boongs, either way I'll be sure to avoid them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont fret too much mate, perth isnt all bad!

freo isnt too bad, but keep away from the boongs at night time...

one of the girls from school was out with the girls and as she was going to her car a mob of the fk's came up and started pulling her hair and stuff, and then keyed every panel of the car

And that's not bad? What is bad? Perth sounds like a warzone! Should visitors bring flak jackets and military-issue gas masks?

And that's not bad? What is bad? Perth sounds like a warzone! Should visitors bring flak jackets and military-issue gas masks?

umm, i believe it was in rockingham or somewhere around that area a few years ago (my cousin lived there)

they had a semi trailer roll and like explode in the suburbs!

then there was a child left in a car who died due to the heat and that happened across the road from her so she saw everything, sadly.

worst I MYSELF have experienced in perth, apart from the shitty drivers, is a small fire in the suburbs due to a downed power line and the first time in 8 years of living in my suburb we had a group of 3 boongs try steal stuff from out front of the house. little did i know up the street they smashed some old VL or similar commodore, hot wired it, drove for 10 meters then ran out of fuel, LOL. also it was in the suburbs (a good one) not long ago, there was a big drug gang thing where one guy got shot and there were all the swat teams and such with porches and such confiscated, lol. i aint sure on the exact details as i was out of town when it happened. EDIT: link on attadale http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/gunman-hunt-after-attadale-street-shooting-20090417-a9sp.html

my old home of meekatharra was a LOT worse. in the local meekatharra "dust" magazine of the town they had a list of all crimes reported and a list of all suspects caught...so you had like rape, domestic violence, animal cruelty, theft, abuse, drug related, court order breeches, drink driving, etc

what a hell of a town that was :)

Last edited:
Well I'm sure we all remember who Kevin Bloody Wilson told us came from Meekathara so it doesn't sound that suprising.

I knew there was a reason that Chan 7 cop show on a Sunday night first started with only cases from WA. It's the only place they could find enough crime to fit a full season of television.

I'm just waiting for the day they can report on a crime where someone attacks voice over people and leaves them splatted in a blood pool on the street. Simon Reeve is a DH, I bet you WA people are proud of that guy!

ay, it aint all that bad!

its surprisingly a pretty good place from what i've experienced, and there is rarely much crime in my area. i live near a main road so you got all the stupid hoons at night occasionally which i dont mind as a while ago one guy screwed it up, came up the curb and into the bushes, rofl.

i've parked my car in plenty of good and bad suburbs across perth and havent had an issue, neither has mum and she works at a dodgy place where you get people coming in with plenty of knocked out teeth (shes a dentist)

oh well, nothing beats coming down to the beaches and parking up, then going for a swim or a nice tan, haha. just dont get eaten by a shark XD

might i add, you cant beat the security service (council) that we got...3 bloody minutes from base to my place! good service!

Last edited:
Yeah guys perth aint all that bad. I came over from Newcastle about 5 years ago and have seen perth go down hill a bit, but that said i have seen the same dodgy shite in both cities, just depends where you go. I've seen a guy get glassed at the trainstation at morisset even.
On that note my neighborhood was notoriously bad a few years back but is getting alot better with many young first home buyers (like us) moving in.

As for the garage i can only get the truck in with about a 20 point turn, and my missus has her car in there (also new) i would much prefer her to have the secure remote entry and access into the house from the garage. If i was to park it the other way then the bonnet would probably end up getting etched like my last car. Best option being a fence with matchin Rotty! But that all cost money we don't have at the moment.

The truck was actually parked there for most of the weekend as i wasn't driving it. The missus did say that there was some dodgy dude that kept riding past whoof whistling at her whilst she was washing the car. She ignored him so maybe it was a spite attack. To me this is MUCH more worrying. Scratch my car, steal my shite i can get over, but touch my girl and i will gut them like a pig. From now if i'm out at night i will hire her a babysitter... but seriously there's being cautious and being ridiculous....

Thanks for the heads up on cameras kraftypg, i will look into it

I actually like Perth despite the inlaws being there but it also has more to do with the fact that when I'm there I'm away from work. Although I usually manage to pull a few jobs while I'm there so that atleast part of the trip can be written off on tax.

I don't really believe that crime is any worse in one part of the country than another, the bottom line is there is DH's everywhere and where there is DH's there will be crime.

Maybe your attacker was some silly women's lib nut with bushy armpits, figured you made the missues wash the car while you sat inside watching tv and drinking beer. Those women's lib nuts can be scarier than those dopped out DH's on street corners. In cases like these security cameras are usually no good because one look from these bushpigs usually breaks the camera.

Despite that most electronic shops will be able to help you choose a camera set up if thats a path you want to explore. I've got a similar type of security set up running at a clients site, they use it to make sure staff aren't helping themselves to the diesel pumps and car wash after hours. Their's is a simple camera and pc set up where the pc records what the camera sees, recording is on a timer set to start after hours, the pc is on 24/7 but because of what its running needs very minimal hardware other than a good size hard disk to archive the footage for 2 weeks before its written over.

Oh yeah and when I say electronic shop I don't mean shops like DSE they ceased being real electronic shops when Safeway/Woolworths brought them out and they started selling everything but electronic components. Jaycar and Altronics are probably better if you can find knowledgeable staff but even thats getting hard these days

And for a pc based security system thats pretty much all you need.

The system I set up has not long ago had the old camera replaced with the next model up from this one and works as good as they suggest it does.

However these are pc based security if you want no pc based stuff it's going to cost you a bit more.

The price isn't too bad for an online purchase. Most places, (including me) would come in cheaper than that on the camera if the sale included cabling run and set up but pccasegear don't do any of that manual stuff so they pretty much just charge RRP (despite that line about it being sold up to $536)

That sucks mate, my area is pretty safe. I have only had some dickhead on a push bike hit my mirror on the way past.

Set the alarm off on the ute, was hoping he stacked it but I didn't see it. The driver's side mirror was pushed back, so I am assuming it was someone on a bike.

Dave.

Thanks guys, not sure which way to go atm, we only have laptops at home but it may be cheaper to buy an old pc to be dedicated to the task, comparred to the dvr boxes etc... Although i've been talking about building a fence for months now, maybe our funds will be better directed towards that

Yeah Dave, when i lived on church st in Newey it was safe as considering being right in the centre of town. Only had 1 incident where i caught a guy red handed looting our cars when we got back from the pub, so we weren't in any shape to give chase..

Although i've been talking about building a fence for months now, maybe our funds will be better directed towards that

My inlaws over there had to get their fence moved 600mm (original fencing guy stuffed up) a few months back and they were quoted over $2000 just to move the fence. It's no wonder you've just been talking about that fence.

Yeah not cheap, my mate is a bricky and i used to be a plasterer, but Even DIY it will still be easy over a $G. Applications alone are $300-400, then materials and a few slabs...

Damn that's bad news about the damage roundy. Would love to catch them doing it.

What goes around comes around.

Latest posts

Back