Just blocked EGR but..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014 D40 ST, put my blank in after 1100km, already lots of black crap in the pipe, now at 2500km and no CEL as of yet

Put mine in just after the 1,000km check in my 2013 Spanish ST and no codes. Have just taken it out at 5,000km as it's got to get an oil leak checked at the top of the motor so playing it safe with Nissan. There was a bit of gunk on it so have cleaned that off but I'm still unsure if I'll put it back in. Haven't noticed any real difference in power/fuel use age as yet without it in.

Good find Joe. That's gotta effect your economy =$
Sheesh, EGR is a great idea.
Is it any wonder we modify.

Oven cleaner on cast alloy? Dunno...It's caustic
I think I would look at soda blasting. Any metalurgist's among us have a thought here.

I only put mine in a few months ago John. I hung on to the plate and was waiting for the warranty to expire before installing. Bought it from a fellow forum member :laugh:

Really should have done it ages ago.

I like OT's analogy. It was along the lines of the EGR being similar to eating a bit of your own poo every day. Might not kill you, but will make you sick.

Blyuk...
Yes it would.

I still haven't bought another 4b. Dunno what I want.

Welcome aboard! Now that's a curious one. EGR has nothing to do with oil level, the oil level sensor isn't exactly close by. Crossed wires? I wonder if there's something else happening here. The Thai 2010 ST shouldn't have a flow sensor in it (I thought the flow sensors were only on the 140/170kW Spanish builds) so drilling a hole in the plate shouldn't do much.

Still leaves the question - why does the oil light come on? Can you check the electrical connector on the oil sender?

Hi Old.Tony thanks for the response.
Truth be told i haven't had the chance to have another shot at the ERG yet.

can you describe where the oil sender is so that i can have a look?
Seems weird as the only thing that i touched was the intake side of the EGR, which as you said has nothing to do with oil?

Its definatly only happening when the Block off plate is installed as ive done 500km with out it in and had no problems or lights whatsoever?

Cheers again for the help

Hi Old.Tony thanks for the response.
Truth be told i haven't had the chance to have another shot at the ERG yet.

can you describe where the oil sender is so that i can have a look?
Seems weird as the only thing that i touched was the intake side of the EGR, which as you said has nothing to do with oil?

Its definatly only happening when the Block off plate is installed as ive done 500km with out it in and had no problems or lights whatsoever?

Cheers again for the help

Also i have scanned the computer several times for recent codes but have had none show up?

On the right hand side of the engine you'll find a largish round object with two rubber hoses coming out of it, behind the vacuum pump - and in between is a switch - that's the oil switch.

No codes means nothing recorded, which only means the ECU didn't need to record the error which usually only happens when the Check Engine Light is lit (oil warning is different).

On the right hand side of the engine you'll find a largish round object with two rubber hoses coming out of it, behind the vacuum pump - and in between is a switch - that's the oil switch.

No codes means nothing recorded, which only means the ECU didn't need to record the error which usually only happens when the Check Engine Light is lit (oil warning is different).

No dramas, i might fiddle around with it when i try the EGR again.
Ill prob unhook the terminal and clean it out with contact cleaner and inspect for damage, leaks, ect...

any thoughts on what to look for?

I'd just clean the contacts for now and reassemble. If it doesn't help then I'm mystified. EGR has nothing to do with oil pressure at all and shouldn't have any effect one way or the other.

I had mine in for about 5000kms...Pulled it out and it only had a tiny amount of build up on it...Did I notice a difference in performance with/without it...not really. Intercooler + intake made a much more noticeable increase in response/power...Pulls much harder now.

Greetings
Has anyone put a blocker in a 2012 st d40 ? I'm new to this site and mods so I'm sorry if this question sounds silly

Latest posts

Back