Insurance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaz

Reaction score
Would like to know if anyone has had a problem insuring if you have a lot of accessories on the car. Also which insurance companies are you happy with. Thanks. This would be an 08 model with lots of extras

Would like to know if anyone has had a problem insuring if you have a lot of accessories on the car. Also which insurance companies are you happy with. Thanks. This would be an 08 model with lots of extras

I have a 2002 D22 Zd30 with 146,000 kms on it which has a 'market value' of $12k (I paid $13k with winch bar, winch, side rails, 3" lift, about a year ago). For me to buy another one similar and redo all the addons I'd be up for minimum $18k.

(All of the below insure off road)
-RACV flat out would not insure it for more than $12k
-Youi (current insurer) are insuring it for $16k spouting that if it was written off it would be up to the assessor whether they would cover the other $2k in mods and they couldn't give me a straight answer about whether suspension / body lift was a breach of policy
-I called Shannon's said they'll insure it for whatever I want, and as long as I have the engineers certificate for mods it's all good.

I don't have the prices handy but from memory Shannon's was about $1100 per year full comprehensive.

I did see a post recently with somebody recommending a broker which I was going to check out, so that might be worth looking into as well.

Best of luck with it,

-Scott

I have mine with shannons and negotiated an agreed value i am happy with, cost me just over $600 a year.

Any decent insurance company will ask what modifications and extra's your vehicle may have.

I listed all of mine with them. Just be careful as they are very sneaky with the payout figure. I had mine insured for 37k, when it came time to renew my policy they had dropped the total value down to 24k!!!

Immediately rang them and got it put back up to 32k. Cost me a total of $5/year to have the amount increased from 24k to 32k!

I am with RAC.

YOUI stuffed me around. Over charged me for the whole year and then refused to refund me what I was owed. They had me down as a P Plate driver... How or where they got the idea I was on my P's from was beyond me. Being 26yrs old I am not sure how they assumed I was a provisional driver. After arguing with them about it and not receiving my owed refund I ditched them and never looked back. They owed me close to $500 for the year.

Latest posts

Back